ii. sunday w/ hueningkai

on sunday, yeonjun stayed home. the store he worked at was closed and he went grocery shopping earlier in the week. he slept until the afternoon and then decided do something to ease his restless state. it was a calm day, but he couldn't seem to keep himself calm. his encounter with beomgyu made him so happy.

hueningkai, his friend since high school that he'd kept in contact with, texted him. the familiar ding made yeonjun swing his head in the direction of his phone. "hey, you free today?"

yeonjun smiled at the text. "no. 50 bucks."

"damnn, that low? bet. anywho, i was baking yesterday. want me to bring some stuff over?"

"omg yes"

hueningkai lived in an apartment a few doors down from yeonjun. soon enough, a knock was heard at yeonjun's door, a shuffling noise outside. "coming!"

he peeked through the peep hole in his door and saw hueningkai, so he quickly opened the door, a familiar creak coming from it. "hey, kai!"

"hey!"

kai walked over to the kitchen area, setting a plastic bag down on the table. "i made brownies, cookies, and peanut butter fudge."

"ooh, gimme the fudge."

hueningkai laughed and handed him the tupperware that contained the fudge. yeonjun opened it and grabbed one of the squares, biting into it. "this is amazing." he sat down at the table.

*i'm trying so hard not to refer to him as just "kai" pls-

"thank you. you can have it all. i'm not gonna eat it."

"why not?"

"i still have all of that oreo fudge left over from last week."

"oh my god that was delicious..but this is better."

*peanut butter fudge is freaking amazing. i strongly suggest it.

hueningkai smiled, watching yeonjun scarf down the small squares.

after yeonjun decided he had enough, he laid his head on the table, a 'clunk' being heard when his head made conatact.

"my tum hurts."

"you ate too quickly."

"i know. but that fudge was so darn good.."

hueningkai closed the lid and put it in the fridge. he walked over to the table, pulled out a chair, and sat down beside yeonjun.

they held eye contact for a minute before yeonjun stood up. "wanna watch a movie or something?"

"no, its all good. i have stuff to do at home."

"oh-kay, well bye! thanks for the fudge."

"no problem."

"see you at work tomorrow!"

"oh yeah...see you then."

hueningkai walked out of the apartment, another creak coming from the door, and yeonjun was left alone again.