x - realization

- flashback -

the day yeonjun actually left. soobin ran to a cliff. it had a border around it to prevent accidents, but soobin often came there to look at scenery.

this wasn't a happy visit. it was almost midnight, pouring down rain. yeonjun had made a formal post on instagram, and soobin knew that he was already on the plane to america. a place without him.

"why? why, universe? what did i do wrong! i was a good child. i always did what i was told. even when they didn't deserve it. i plastered a smile on my face and treated everyone with the utmost respect, even if they treated me like dogshit!" he screamed to the sky.

"i helped everyone, i did everything i was asked, and i never expected anything in return! i knew to stop doing that long ago, when all i wanted was a family's love. i have never, ever, asked you for anything. i never expected anything from anyone, even after everything," he sobbed.

"so why me? of all people. we have the worst, most vile people in the world and they get to live lives of luxury and happiness. i got one thing; yeonjun. and i was happy. i was greatful to you, and i never asked for anything other than for it to last. i don't even want anything now, i just..."

he layed on the ground. "what did i do wrong? i didn't even ask for him. you brought him to me, and i was so greatful. i was so happy. all i asked was for it to last. so what did i do to make it fail?" he sobbed, whispering the conversation between him and the universe.

"please, just kill me. in the most painful way. thats the second and last thing i'll ask of you, fate. make my fate be death from love."

- end of flashback -

yeonjun awoke, tears flooding his cheeks as he yelled for soobin desperately, sitting up.

soobin ran to him and cupped yeonjun's face. "you've been having these headaches, too, haven't you?"

"what-what are you talking about?"

"the headaches. migraines. we're slowly rotting away, yeonjun."

"what the hell are you talking about?!"

"its a disease. when two soulmates aren't together, they begin to die. we're dying, yeonjun."

yeonjun paused and sucked in a breath. "stop...doing that. i won't-"

he paused mid-sentence, feeling himself about to throw up. he covered his mouth, swallowing as much saliva as he could to prevent it. soobin scoffed. "and you're throwing up blood. yeonjun, listen to me."

yeonjun laid on the bed and cried. soobin sat beside him and pulled him into his chest. "i still love you. you know that."

"and i still love you, too! why is this still happening?"

soobin's eyes widened. "i...don't know. i...fuck."

soobin's eyes began to fill with tears. yeonjun laughed. "see? you don't even have it figured out like you act like you do."

"i'm sorry. i thought that..."

"shh, its okay. can we just...spend however much time we have left together?"

soobin grabbed yeonjun's hand and squeezed it. "yes, i'd...i'd love that."

yeonjun smiled faintly. "lets...go to the cafe."

"my job?"

yeonjun laughed. "it was our hangout spot before it was your job."

soobin laughed in response. "true, true."

yeonjun and soobin locked eyes. after a moment, yeonjun spoke, tears flowing. "wha-what are you thinking right now?"

"that i love you. and you look beautiful."