The difference

I stare at them.

They stare at me.
Which has gone on for a good minute or two now as the class sits in silence looking at me before someone clears their throat.

"Well class this is our new foreign student treat him well, uh how about you tell us your name" the woman says with a soft smile.

Her hair-weirder then she was- was cut into some odd mullet and the blueish color didn't help her case, but she was kind.
"I'm Malachi" I say to the class as they sit and process the name.

It should be me being confused, it should be me looking at these people like aliens, 𝙄𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙗𝙀 𝙈-

"How about sit next too, Oh Himari!" The teacher says smiling.
It doesn't take a genus to figure out who "Himari" was, the turn of eyes on him and his annoyed look gave it away.

Walking down the isle towards the seat and sitting down, I could feel the kids eyes burn into the side of my head.

Civilian education was very different from civilian education at home. The whole lesson plan revolved about to do "in" the village more so "our".

The review of evacuation was also done because the added addition, me.
Their was about 5 evacuation plans to safety, but none would actually guarantee you safety, but then again I don't think any evacuation plan in the world could 100% get you out alive.

Amongst lunch, which Lin provided for me and packed when she sent me off.
Curry, I've never had it like this, usually I eat with crackers but this was sided with rise and who knows how many type of veggies.
Too much for comfort that's for sure..
.
.

He still wasn't letting up.
"Is there something you might want"I asked to the same kid from class that had been staring at me for a hot minute know.

'Maybe he is interested in a staring contes-'

"Why are you so weird" he says, a scowl on his face as he looks at me in disgust.

'Maybe not'

"I don't know what you mean" I say simply but somehow this makes him twitch.
"Your weird accent gives away your not from here, and those things on your arms!!"

"Bracelets?...Lin gave me these actually.."

"I don't think I'm weird, maybe your just weird" I say not really paying him mind because of the mouthwatering dish in front of me.

"What's your name.." The boy still standing a few inches away from me says.
"Malachi, I think I said that in my introduction"
"Don't get all smart with me foreigner, I might've simply forgot" he says. His hostile approach was long gone as he wanted to asked more questions.

"Nice chat but I gotta get going"  I say quickly, I'm running out of words.
A pair of hands stop my movement and someone grabs my arm and I whipped around to face the guy again. Only this time I realize something, this 'kid' looks a shit lot older then I was.
'My eyes must be trippin how hadn't I noticed his older age'
While lost in thought he was still rambling on about something I didn't care to answer.
"How old are you" I ask causing him to pause.
I'm seven and there's no way he can be the same age, unless I missed a growth spurt.

"W-what, why should I tell you" he says, face turning red in something I'm not hoping is anger.
'Uh oh'
"Well you don't have to tell me just askin" He can't be in the same grade as me speaking theyre only two.

Civilian schools aren't really that long which is why there is only two grades. I'm in the second grade because of my age, the first grade is for smaller children anyways. Technically I'd be in there but with my birthday approaching and this being such and easy class I was placed in the second rank.
Passing these "grades" are so easy 4-7 years olds can do it. Hence the reason for the of the first grade.