A performance

The leaves blow around me in the wind in a dance like manner but not are dancing. One little leaf falls away from the group, it's color faded, it's print damaged with holes in it. I watch it closely as it falls down to me.

Takes on to know one.

I don't pay mind to the blackened ones decaying, caused by me. It's what they deserve anyways, pushing an odd one out. Getting rid of its own, getting rid of M-

.

My eyes blink up at the mirror as im staring at myself, or more so the person behind me.

In some ways, Lin reminds me of my sister.

They have a lot of similar personal traits, like doing dumb things yet being very smart people.

I shuffle in the seat with slight discomfort and the slight painful flick on my ears.
"Stop moving how am I supposed to cut your hair neatly when your moving so much?"
"I don't get why your cutting it so early if the ceremony isn't till next month!!." I grumble as I watch bit and bits of hair fall from my head.
"You better not make make me look silly"
"I'm a professional at cutting hair, how do you think my hair looks so good" The words could not be met with the mess that lie on her head.
"SOMEBODY GET ME OUT OF THIS SEAT!!"
"STOP MOVING OR ILL MESS UP"
.
I stare at the cut peice's of hair scattered on the floor, then back up to the hair on my head. It was shorter than ive ever had it before, but Lin said that it'll only get in the way and she's been right so far. That doesn't mean I won't miss it, change isn't always bad..right?

.
The sea waves in sync. The sea smells and taste salty. I know cuz it's in my lungs. It smells like..iron.
I'm not in the blue sandy sea, I'm in a sea of blood. Where the night sky gleams on my head and the stars as not as beautiful as they should've been. Instead of hearing the ocean I hear screams.
Fish and hands, those hands are hers.
.
"It's ending all ready?" I ask more so say sounding way to upset than i'd like to let on.
It felt like I had arrived here yesterday, but as my old math teacher used to say 'Times moves when your having fun'.
"It's been 7 months of course it's ending plus you came here late remember " Aya says
"That's only Seven.."
"It's actually 3 for you but alright"Himari says from the side
"Hey if you wanna join those other school courses go ahead, but I'm done as far as I'm concerned" he jokes.
I roll my eyes as I look at the paper for the end of the year.
"What's with the festival?"
"Oh every year for the second graders they launch a good bye festival with a performance, usually a few parents show so it's not all that big, seen it hundreds of times"Himari says
"Oh cuz you got held back?"
"Fuck off"
"It's different this year, the whole routine been switched up for the special event" Aya says sounding really excited.
"Why?"
"Are you an idiot the HOKAGES attending, that's really important meaning most likely the clans are gonna show to watch too"She continues on.

'What's so special about that old guy?'

"Oh that explains the weird dance we're practicing" I comment
"Yeah my ankles are really startin to give out on me"Himari says mentioning to his bandaged ankles.
"Well if you stop sloppy dancing maybe you won't damn near twist your ankle" Aya says flicking the swollen ankle.
Ignoring his loud groan she continues.
"We're gonna learn a technique from the shinobi school!!"
"Oh I heard about that too!! It's called uh..leaf concentration practice"
I watch and Himari and Aya ramble on about the festival.
"Chakra practice...what if you don't have chakra?"
I mumble to myself but was somehow heard.

"Well if that's the case you might be dead right about now"
She says with a giggly smile
.
"A shinobi"? I ask the man with the mask
"A shinobi protects their village, bleeds for their land, and protects those in it" he answers so casually as if it's normal, and maybe it might be.
I watch him clean the weapons smeared with blood.
"Even with such cost?" I watch as he pauses at me.
"Even doing that ...as if it is a habit, as if it's normal?" I ask as he pacs his belongs and stands up
"Even so."
"Even if it hurt others"
"Even if."
"Even if it hurts you?"
"Even if"
"Even if it hurts them" I want to ask but he's gone before I can ask away. It wasn't as if I was used to blood or death before I had seen it up close.
Just not so normally.
Not so willingly
.
"Point your feet when you jump, cmon keep up" the teacher instructed to a student helping her keep her toes pointed.
Me whoever was having a hard time even point my toes.
"What's up with your feet? Is it so hard to the point you can't point your toes" the male instructor says while forcefully trying to point one of my toes on my left foot.
"Just practice with it more at home and I'm sure you'll be able to do it" he says reassuringly, but I'm not sure if he was talking to me or himself.
"Class dismissed"
Grabbing my bag quickly I hurried to try to exit before a hand tugged on my shoulder.
"Was it so hard to point your toes, so your not good at everything finally" himari says laughing.
"It's not funny, I don't understand it just started feeling uncomfortable" I attempt to demonstrate, only to hiss and retreat it back.
(short time skip)
I groan as I force my toes to point. It felt as if something was tearing as I pulled, so I let go.. again.
'I should probably get this checked out' I think to myself. I could see the slight bruise forming from the pressure applied to it today.