Chapter 8

Waking up from being violently shaken was Hiccup. The former heir felt like he had been ran over by at least one-hundred raging yaks. Barely seeing because it was hardly lit in the cells, one of two guards had dropped a plate with a whole raw fish on it, that looked like it had been just been caught and placed on the silverware to be served to him. "Here you go. A dinner suited for a big, strong chief like yourself," One of the guards taunted him sarcastically before the both of them left him in his locked cell. Once they were gone, he looked at the raw fish.

It reminded him of a day six years ago. It was the second day of dragon training. He returned to the cave with a fish as some sort of peace offering too Toothless. The dark scale dragon had taken the fish and quickly devoured it. When the dragon wanted more but to realize that the human only brought one? He quickly regurgitates the fish back up in half to share with the small human. Hiccup was forced to take a bite of the fish.

The dragon rider is smiling at the memory of that day. That was the day Hiccup and Toothless started to become best of friends. He knows this is disgusting, but if he did not eat that fish. He may not have the strength and energy to get not only himself out of here, but also the white dragon too. Just when he was going to take an awful bite into the raw fish. He heard a stomach growling and it was not his.

Looking towards the white dragon. Seeing that she was staring at the fish with her sapphire eyes. He could also hear that she was whining. She was starving and to see this human get food and she does not was torture to her. Seeing the abuse that the dragon was enduring, was pulling at his heart strings. Standing up his muscles were aching in pain, but he was ignoring it. Grabbing the fish Hiccup makes his way towards the dragon. With each step he took felt like his muscles were screaming in agony. As she watches the human limps towards her, she starts to growl as a warning to stay back. Her pupils dilated into slants. "Hey it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you," Hiccup reassured the dragon in his most calm and soothing tone.

"I'm just going to give you this tasty fish," Hiccup added while lifting up said fish. Seeing the fish, the white dragon stopped growling, but her pupils were still dilated. Reaching the end of his cell with nothing but bars separating the two. "Let me take off that muzzle? That way you can eat this delicious fish," Hiccup requested. He was hoping that the dragon would cooperate with him. Luckily for him she is cooperating with him. Reaching to her side of the cells, he was able to reach the back of the muzzle to unstrap it. While doing this Hiccup felt pain shooting through his body at a rapid pace. Once the muzzle was taken off, he hands the dragon the fish. The moment she had the fish she quickly headed towards the opposite direction of the human.

Hiccup's legs started to feel like jelly. Soon he collapsed on the floor again with a thud. Which leads the dragon rider to fall unconscious from over straining himself while he was still injured. The white dragon watches the odd human. Grateful for the fish the strange human had given to her. It was also the first human to ever show her kindness. Usually, humans would eat in front of her while she was starving. She was curious to learn more about this human but first she needs to eat. She quickly devoured the fish. Seconds after eating the fish she is now staring at the unconscious human. Wondering why he gave up his own food for her. What if his kindness was only to lure her into a trap? If it was a trap? She was going to make him regret ever double crossing her. Whatever the case might be. She was going to keep a very close eye on him.

Meanwhile back on Berk, we find Astrid and Heather are about to take off to find Hiccup. Just when both of the women were ready to head out when Gunner cried out, "Astrid wait you can't just leave like that. Please let us help you get Hiccup back?" He didn't want to lose her just when he got his daughter back. Was it not a father's job to protect his daughter? He had already failed once at that job. He would be damned before he failed at protecting his daughter again.