Chapter 10

"Are you alright babe?" Astrid asked Hiccup once she sees him. Next she would make her way towards him.

"Not going to lie I feel better. But still a bit sore," Hiccup answered trying to ease his girlfriend's mind of its worry. Then he notices both Fury dragons were not present. "Astrid where are Toothless and the Light Fury at?" Hiccup added by asking his girlfriend. He was expecting that the Night Fury to be waiting impatiently for him to get out of the hut. Not only that but he was worried that the white dragon would harm someone while he was being treated by the old lady. All because she did not trust any human. He does not blame the albino dragon. He knows that the villagers of Berk would not hesitate to kill her, if she had harm anyone.

"After Heather treated her wounds. The Light Fury had taken off to the woods. I told Toothless he could go after his girlfriend if he wanted too. As I stayed and waited for you," Astrid replied. Hiccup sights in relief knowing where the two dragons had gone to. He was so glad that the albino dragon had not harm anyone, while he was in the elderly woman's hut being treated for his injuries. Before he could ask any more questions be heard a certain voice called out to him.

"Hiccup, laddie how are ya doin," shouts Gobber as the blacksmith runs to the former heir. The moment he is in front of the dragon rider he hugging him tightly, never wanting to let him go again.

"Gobber...I c-can't...breathe." Hiccup could barely get out of his mouth. As a pain from his injured ribs flared up making it even harder to breathe.

Before Gobber could let go he was smacked on the head by Gothi's cane. Letting go of his former apprentice as he shouts, "Ouch! Why did ya hit me ya ol' bag of bones?!" The elder of Berk had given the blacksmith a warning glare to silence him. So, she could explain why she did not want him hugging the former heir like that.

She is writing in the dirt in old runes as the blacksmith went to translate what the mute women is saying. "She says, 'Hiccup has several fractured rims.'" That only earned him another whack from the elderly woman. "Ouch! Do ya ever get sick of hittin poor ol' me?!" The elder of Berk shakes her head no to answer his question. "She says, 'Hiccup has several fractured ribs. She recommends that he takes some time to test.'" The elder once again hit the blacksmith on the head. "Damn it! I swear ya enjoy whackin me like that. Whatever Gothi said, 'The lad needs to rest so the ribs could heal.' Now could ya please stop with the hittin me," Gobber added.

"I see you two haven't changed much," Hiccup says before he let out a heartwarming laugh. Alongside Hiccup, Astrid is also laughing at the scene between the elder and blacksmith.

"Ya know the forge hasn't been the same, since ya left me all by my lonesome." Gobber teased Hiccup. Oh how the blacksmith missed the back and forth with his apprentice.

Before Hiccup could have respond he heard another villager cry out, " Holy shit Hiccup is alive. Or maybe he's a zombie. Here to eat our brains. I call first dibs." The voice belonged to one Tuffnut Thorston. All most everyone groan and or face palmed at the stupidity of the male twin.

"Yeah, I'm a zombie. I'm here to eat all of your brains. You're so right Tuffnut," Hiccup replied with sarcasm dripping with every word said.

"Of course, I'm right," Tuffnut says. That had earned him a punch in the gut by his sister. "Ouch. I'm hurt, I'm very much hurt." The male twin cries as he holds his stomach.

"Idiot, Hiccup was clearly being sarcastic." Ruffnut informed her twin brother. She was embarrassed sometimes by her brother's antics, like this very moment.

Punching his sister back in her stomach as he argued, "No he wasn't. You heard him confirmed it himself."

Recovering quickly from the blow to her stomach, she throws another punch to her brother. This time it was aimed towards his nose, causing it to bleed out. "Yeah he was bein sarcastic dumbass," Ruffnut argues back.