Chapter 22

Hilda finds herself walking through the forest confused. Hilda does not know how she got to the woods in the first place. Hilda continued walking into the forest before arriving at a clearing where she spotted two familiar youngsters, playing with each other without a care in the world. It was at this moment Hilda realized that she was sleeping. Because the only times Hilda had seen the two youths were in her dreams. Moments later the children spotted Hilda before they quickly made their way towards Hilda. "Gramma!" Both children shouted as they got closer to Hilda.

"Hello Sweeties," Hilda greeted with her arms open to hug her dream grandchildren. Once the children were close enough to Hilda, they leaped into her arms. Hilda engulfed the kids in a tight hug before kissing them on their foreheads. This was the first time Hilda had seen these children since the night Grimmel and the rest of the dragon hunters had invaded Berk.

Originally Hilda believed that her guilt-ridden mind had created these two children to cope with the loss of her daughter. Now that Astrid and Hiccup are back and are getting married. There is a possibility that she will have grandchildren of her own one day. Just thinking about it filled Hilda with warm, bubbly feelings that spread throughout her soul.

"Gramma, you came back," Nuffnik greeted. Hilda felt her heart melt at the innocent boy in her arms.

"Of course, I came back Sweetheart."

"We're grateful that you're alright Gramma," Zephyr says.

"I'm also glad that you two are alright as well," Hilda replied.

Hilda remembered the young girl's warning from the last time she dreamed about these two children. "Yeah, they're going to burn everything to ashes. Once they are done with that. They will make the survivors into slaves." Zephyr's words from the last dream repeated in Hilda's mind like a broken record again. Hilda still felt guilty about that because she did not warn anyone about her dream. That led everyone in Berk to suffer because of her actions.

On the positive side, those events had led to not only Astrid returning, but also Hiccup too.

"Thank you, Sweetheart," Hilda thanked her dream granddaughter.

"You're welcome," the young girl said with a warm smile. Zephyr's smile radiated like the sun with a pinch of glowing innocence.

"Yeah, we'll see you again," Nuffnik says as the little boy hugged Hilda as tight as his small arms could allow.

"Yeah, we'll be seeing you again," Zephyr stated. Zephyr hugged Hilda as tightly as she could.

Hilda wishes for this moment to last forever but unfortunately, everything must end. Hilda woke up from her restful slumber. Hilda felt at peace for the first time having those dreams. Hilda summed up that the reason she felt closure was that Hiccup and Astrid were back. And who knows what the future may have in store? Hilda might become a grandmother one day.

Hilda would get out of bed, before heading out of the house and towards the Great Hall. Fog-Stalker, Gunner, and his Timberjack had joined Hilda as they made their way to the Great Hall. Once at the Great Hall Hilda and Gunner left their dragons outside, while they went inside the building to get food. After joining Hiccup, Astrid, and the rest of the riders for breakfast Hilda and Gunner feed their dragons. Hiccup, Astrid, and the rest of the dragon riders had also fed their dragons after eating their breakfast. After that everyone went home to gather the little luggage, they had packed the previous day.

The moment that everyone had finished with the preparations for the long journey ahead of them. They were only planning to stay on Hiccup's and Astrid's Island for only a few days. It is not like their home would be lit on fire without them. They had faith that Hiccup and Stoick would not lead them to harm's way. The people of Berk had also hoped that it would not take longer than necessary to take down their enemies.