Chapter 13

"Now we know why everyone this here is evening. Regarding the recent events surrounding Astrid and Hiccup. I ask you my council to take a vote on rather or not we'll allow our people to train dragons." Stoick opens once all of the council were accounted for. It was a part of Berk law that if something as huge for example like moving the entire village to somewhere safe. It would need the majority of the vote from the council. The council members were: Gobber, Spitelout Jorgenson, Gunner Hofferson, Egil Ingerman, Herlefier Thorston, and Gothi. They were all located in the Great Hall.

It had been a about three hours since his argument with his son. In which nobody had not seen Hiccup since the former heir stormed away as angry and upset as anyone had ever seen of him. The aging chief was worried that something had happened to Hiccup. As Hiccup's father he won't stop worrying about the auburn hair man's well-being. He silently promises himself that once this meeting was finished, he would go and look for his son.

"I vote against training dragons. There are too many things that could go wrong with the boyo's suggestion." Spitelout voted not to train the dragons to nobody's surprise. It wasn't that Spitelout hated his nephew per say. It was that he felt his nephew's talents were in the blacksmith, making great weapons for everyone, rather than being a leader of Vikings. He would be lying if he said he thought that Hiccup would be a great chief years ago. That's okay because not everyone was cut out to be a chief of a village. It was a lot of responsibility and not everyone could do that job. He felt like Hiccup wasn't one of those people that can do the job. But seeing his nephew now and comparing his nephew to the Hiccup of six years ago. There was something different about the auburn hair man. It was like there was some sort of aura around the former heir that was similar to the one around his brother, but at the same time it was also different then Stoick's. Maybe he was wrong about his nephew all those times where he underestimated the small boy?

"My vote is against training dragons. There isn't enough prove of it being even safe to do so," Egil voted. Egil like his son didn't care much for the violence. Sure, maybe there were good dragons but they didn't know if all of the dragons were good. What would happen if a dragon attacked a villager out of the blue? There are still some unknowns with all of this that he felt needed more answers before they did something like that.

"I vote in favor of Hiccup. Just imagine the power we'll hold if we train dragons." Herlefier vote to no-one's shock. It was well documented that the Thorston family were a bit out there in their craziness. So, it made scents that the head of that family would vote for something like this. Stoick thought that this would be the only vote Hiccup was going to get. Some of the villagers question why the Thorston family were a part of the council. The answer is that the Thorston family was one of the original settling families that has been helping Berk in its dire times in the past, despite how wild that family can be at times. Stoick did fear the day that one or even both twins become a council member.

"I also agree with what my brother and Egil are saying. I just cannot forget the lives of the innocent humans that the beast has killed over the years. That includes my late great Valka. Who's to say that the dragons would attack us when we least expect it?" The chief of Berk voted. With three votes against one for training dragons. He was hoping all of the last three council members would vote against the ideals of training dragons. The elder of the village starts to write in her box of sand with her staff.

The villagers put a box of sand in the Great Hall for Gothi. The box was for the elderly woman to be able to communicate with her people. Gobber went to go translate what the elderly woman was saying. "The ancient hag said-," before Gobber could finish what he was about to say. He was hit on the back of the head by Gothi's staff. "Ouch! I was only joking no need hittin me like that." The blacksmith complains as he rubs the back of his head where he was hit. The elder rolls her eyes before pointing at what she wrote. "Gothi votes in favor of Hiccup's suggestion. Because we're sitting ducks staying here, where we all know Grimmel and the rest of Hiccup's and Astrid's enemies are going to keep on attacking us. This is the only way to ensure the safety of the villagers." Stoick expression depleted hearing the wise elder choosing to betray their way of life.