𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 - 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐝

'𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐧.'Phoebe threw a punch at the bag that hung from the basement ceiling. 'Get better grades.' Another punch. 'You won't get anywhere in life if you keep hanging out with those freaks!' David's words were laced with venom as he spoke harshly towards the young girl.

The conversations were constantly stuck on a loop in Phoebe Whittemore's mind. Every single conversation. Every single comment was made about how she needs to be "better". She always held it in until she could take it out on the punching bag.

"Man, that is one killer right hook," Jackson said, hopping down the steps. Phoebe wiped the sweat off her forehead and took a sip of water. "Wanna go a round?"

She laughed and lifted her head up, "Oh yeah, definitely. I'll beat your ass."

"Oh, really?"

Phoebe hummed with an amused grin on her face. Sure, David always wanted her to be more like her brother, but that didn't mean she hated the boy. They shared a small space for nine months, nothing could tear the two apart.

"You'll never guess what I saw when I was taking the trash out." Jackson started, sitting down on the bench. His sister motioned for him to continue as she fixed her ponytail. "Lahey took off down the road on his bike with his father chasing after him, it was so funny."

The blonde girl stopped what she was doing and looked over. "Wait, what?" She asked.

"I don't know, I think I heard shouting right before he left." His eyebrows scrunched together in confusion as Phoebe stared intently, waiting for him to continue. "What- why are you just staring at me?"

"Sorry, just listening." She answered. "But, I'm sure they'll come back. Isn't it supposed to storm or something?"

Jackson nodded his head and stood up, getting in a fighting stance. He wiggled his eyebrows and Phoebe couldn't help but laugh. She followed him, getting into position, and held up her fists. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

He swung at her with his right, so she came up with her left and pushed his arm away. Quickly, she brought her right fist into his stomach, causing him to groan. "Okay, yeah, your punches are strong."

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠?" Allison asked Lydia, who stood in between the former and Phoebe. The three were walking into school together.