𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 - 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"𝐀𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 and you're free to go." The nurse at the front desk said, handing over the papers to Rachel. David hadn't shown back up, Phoebe silently thanking the gods above for that, meaning Rachel had to sign the papers and bring their daughter home.

Phoebe shifted uncomfortably under the eyes of all the doctors in the hospital. "Okay, you ready?" Her mom asked, placing a hand on her arm. She smiled and followed the older woman through the hall and outside to their car. "Your brother isn't home right now, so you don't have to deal with his pestering." Rachel patted Phoebe's leg once they were seated in the car.

"One less problem." She said, chuckling slightly and leaning against the window. "Dad's mad isn't he? I snuck out, got a concussion, and now there's the medical bill."

"Sweetheart," Rachel cut her off. "First of all, don't worry about the bill. Your health is what matters and as for going to help a friend.. your father doesn't handle situations well. He wants you to be like him, perfect in high school, and then go to law school once you graduate."

Phoebe let out an exasperated sigh. "I don't want to go to law school. I don't want to be perfect, because we all know I'm not even close." For the rest of the drive home, she tuned out the radio and tried to think of a different life where she didn't have to be perfect.

"𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮." Was the first thing Phoebe heard the next morning as she was walking down the school stairs. "I love you more than... Oh, my God! I can't..." Stiles stopped trying to help Scott. "You and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate."

"Yeah," Phoebe said, leaning against the railing. "Why am I hearing Stiles confess his undying love for you?" She teased the boys, a smile falling onto her lips. Stiles shooed her away with an annoyed look on his face.

Scott looked even more frustrated with the two. "Come on." He urged, leaning closer to Stiles. "You're the only one that we can trust." Phoebe scoffed and took a seat on the other side of the boy with a buzzcut. "Is she coming to the game tonight?"

"Yes, okay? Message complete." Stiles said before looking around the hallway. "Alright, now, tell me about your boss."

Phoebe frowned, "What about your boss? I feel like I missed a lot."

"He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of records of all the things that they've hunted," Scott explained, lowering his voice to a whisper so any passing students wouldn't hear their conversation. "Like a book."