𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 - 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝

"𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐭!" Melissa shouted out the door, catching the attention of many of her coworkers. "Now!" She still had Phoebe lying in her arms, with no heartbeat, no sense of life.

Melissa didn't want to think about what could happen if they didn't save this young girl. Her son would lose one of his best friends, he would be devastated.

"Lay her on the bed," One of the doctors said, urging Melissa off of the floor to help lift the dead teen onto the bed. "All right, clear," She looked down at the machine before shocking the teen. There was no response.

Melissa, on the other side of the bed, began chest compressions. When she stopped, the doctor came forward and used the defibrillator once more, this time gaining a response.

Phoebe's heart began to beep, the heart monitor finally making noise from beside the bed. Melissa let out a teary chuckle, thanking her coworker as she went to return the crash cart to its respected place.

Melissa stepped closer to Phoebe, running her hands through the blonde strands, moving them out of Phoebe's face. "You gave me quite a scare," She mumbled, resting her hand on the younger girl's cheek.

"'M sorry," She heard in response, not really expecting one, as she thought Phoebe would be out for a while.

"Don't you start with your apologies," Melissa scolded lightheartedly, taking Phoebe's hands in hers. "You had no control over what happened to you, you're just lucky we were here still."

Phoebe had to agree with her on that. If she had been allowed to leave earlier, she would have been all alone in the McCall house, probably dead; permanently dead. Which only meant one thing.

"How much longer do I have to stay here?"

"Uh, twenty million more days," Stiles said from the doorway, earning a glare from Melissa. "What did that doctor just leave with?" He asked instead, looking down the hall.

"A crash cart," Melissa answered the curious teenager.

The buzzcut boy looked at Phoebe with wide eyes. "A - A crash cart!?" He hadn't expected to almost lose two of his best friends in one night. "You died?"

"Right on the floor, very dramatic, I coughed until my heart stopped," Phoebe nodded, a ghost of a smile on her face. She was happy to be alive. "But, I'm all right now. So, we really should get going," She attempted to get out of the bed, but was held down by Melissa.

"You aren't going anywhere, we need to run some tests, and monitor your heart to make sure it doesn't stop again, understand?" Melissa questioned the girl, sticking an IV in her arm without warning. "I'm giving you a sedative, I need you to relax, sleep is more like it."