𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 - 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭

𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐞 on how she ended up in detention. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. She had been trying to find her brother to switch their keys, but when she walked down one of the hallways, two bodies were flying out of the boy's locker room and onto the ground that was now flooding.

And she wasn't the only one that had rushed forwards to pull Scott and Jackson off of each other. Stiles and Erica had been right behind her. Then Mr. Harris was rushing after them, his shouting had made them all separate.

That's why Phoebe was now sitting at a table, all to herself in the library. Well, that was until Jackson excused himself and Allison no longer wanted to be seated next to Matt, so she got up and moved to sit with Phoebe.

"What happened to your neck?" Allison whispered once she settled down, staring at the girl with concern laced in her features.

Phoebe frowned, there really was no way of getting out of this one, she thought to herself. "My adoptive father." She sighed, rubbing her palms against her legs. "He wasn't very happy yesterday," The blonde chuckled sadly.

"Do you need a place to stay? You know you could always stay with me, I know everything is a mess with... you know, but I promise, you can stay with me." Allison reached over and took Phoebe's hand in hers, the girl gave her friend a smile.

"I stayed at Stiles' last night, which, I don't think he actually realized," Phoebe stated, turning around and looking at her best friend. "I went over and it was really late, Angelina ended up being awake, so I stayed with her and I was obviously awake before Stiles, so he just thought I came over for breakfast." She chuckled again, this time it was genuine, "I'm just glad he isn't worried about it."

At the table diagonal from them, Erica sat with her laptop out in front of her, Scott across from her, and Stiles beside her. The two boys had taken their chance to ask questions about the twins' real parents, seeing as Erica knew something and she wasn't sharing.

"It was a car accident," Erica admitted, setting her pencil and notebook down. "My dad was the insurance investigator, and every time he sees Jackson drive by in his Porsche, he makes some comment about the huge settlement he'll be getting when he's eighteen." She finished, her tone stayed the same as she gave out the information, monotone.

Stiles and Scott glanced at each other before the former finally asked, "And what about Phoebe. I mean, doesn't she get a huge settlement too?"

"Yeah, they're literally twins, shouldn't they both be getting money?" Scott added.

Erica shifted in her seat, glancing back at the Whittemore girl who brought a hand up to the bruise on her neck, to which she quickly retracted it. "David Whittemore will do everything in his power to keep that money from reaching her." She stated, turning back around to the curious boys. "Once the twins got old enough for school, David immediately started to compare the two, leading to now. It's never stopped, the abuse, and it probably never will."