✨Quince✨

:)💚

*Chenle's POV*

I ran and ran till I spotted a taxi parked on the side of the pathway. I got into the back seat without hesitation, startling the driver a bit.

"Could you take me to Zhong Corporation building?" I told the driver my destination as I sat with my back resting on the seat, shoulders quite stiff and my fingers fiddling with the denim cloth of my jeans.

He said I love you but that doesn't mean he does. Besides, he said it by mistake. Or maybe the ice cream crewed up his brain and he wasn't actually lying? Aaaah!! I'm going crazyyyyy?!!?!!!

Unnecessary thoughts crossed my mind, making me feel anxious.

He's not a terrible person...I mean...he's nice and-

"We're here sir. Your total is 2000. Have a nice day."

I stared at the driver for a second, settling my thoughts before grabbing my wallet and handing the driver the money.

"Thank you..." I replied, sounding confused and lost. I got out, walking into the building and towards one of the receptionists.

"Could you please send me my usual order to my private room Mr.Jung?"

"Yes, Mr.Zhong. Right away."

I gave a small smile before taking the elevator up to my floor.

Ding!

The elevator's high-pitched ring rang through my ears as my legs automatically walked themselves to my room. Twisting the doorknob open, I was met with the dark room that still made me feel safe and secure.

My hands felt the wall for the switch. After a bit of a struggle, I managed to switch it on, the room illuminating with the yellowish lights.

I walked towards the huge soft velvet couch in the corner, basically throwing myself on it, bouncing a bit due to the force. I was about to relax but the door being slightly ajar made me let out a frustrated grunt. I really really wanted to close it but I couldn't bother to move. I was too conflicted.

My muscles were itching to close the door and have the feeling of satisfaction surge through my nerves at the sound of the door clicking close.

Just as I was about to give up and move, a savior walked in with a fairly big basket. A pleased smile was lawyered onto my face, making me look stupid...

"Here's your basket Mr. Zhong. Call me and I'll attend to you. I'll take my leave now." The person bowed down and left before I could thank him and ask him to close the door.

I guess he knew cuz it's like he made sure to click the door close loud enough to satisfy me.

I finally relaxed, my hand rummaging through the basket placed next to the couch. I felt something cold and wet. I took out the thing and it was ice cream...

Oh well.

I didn't hesitate to grab a silver spoon from the basket and dig in, occasionally suffering from a brain freeze due to the excessive amount I shoved into my mouth.

Jisung...

"I love you... I m-mean... ugh!" I mimicked Jisung, scoffing as the scene repeated in my head. That kid probably didn't mean shit... He seemed pretty out of it anyways.

I spent the next few hours just lazing on the couch, playing some music, and trying to convince myself that the whole meet at the ice cream parlor was just a joke or maybe even a dream. I looked around, my eyes landing on the clock hanging on the wall. 7:45 it showed.

I had to get my sad and conflict-filled self back home in one piece. And it just so. happened that I had some wine but I'm pretty sure I sobered up since I seemed to be able to walk over to the door without tripping and breaking my bones.

I swung the door open and exited the room, making my way down the elevator.

"Should I drop you off sir?" The deep voice of my secretary Jung rang through my ears, making me jump. My hands went to clutch onto my chest, trying to calm down as my eyes met my secretary's smiley ones. I frowned at him before straightening myself.

Clearing my throat I answered, "Sure. And fuck you, my favorite person."

"After your lovely Jisung, I presume?"

I froze after hearing that. An awkward laugh escaped my lips, my lips in a stressed smile.

"Get the damn car, Mr.Jung. I will literally not hesitate. At. All. Thank you."

I saw him scurry in front of me. off to get the car from our parking lot while I waited in front of the building, greeting people here and there.

honk honk

The shiny black car, drove by my secretary, honked, trying to catch my attention. I looked at the car, getting into the backseat and scowling at the male on the driver's seat before gazing out the window.

"Back home, Mr.Zhong?"

"Sure?"

:)💚

:)💚