Lina's Temper

How to get revenge on the little fan club intern on Kaya's behalf? Lina narrowed her gaze at the girl, hoping it brought a chill to the air. 

Alicia had been the bane of Kaya's existence since her appearance, and Lina was done with it. Fake relationship? Please. Lina had seen Kaya and Ransom off the clock. Nothing fake there, and if one person on earth wanted them to end up together, it was Lina. 

Never mind her brother's feelings. Kaya liked Ransom and that's all that mattered. Lina would find someone else for Zoren. Kaya was too good for him, anyway. 

Right now, Zoren wasn't Lina's problem. 

"Let me go." Lina jerked her arm against Lawrence's grip. Or, as she liked to refer to him, The Buff Guard. 

Lawrence didn't utter a word, but he didn't let her go, either. 

Alicia peeked her head around Jacob's shoulder. "You wanna fight? Bring it on!" 

"I'll sue you for assault!" Lina snapped back. 

"That only works if I punch first." Alicia stuck her tongue out at Lina.

Lina turned to glare up at Lawrence. "I only need sixty seconds. Just revenge for my bestie. For Kaya. You don't hate Kaya, right?" 

Lawrence exchanged a look with Jacob, who shook his head. 

Lina took the chance when she saw it. A quick yank against Lawrence's loosening hand set her free. She launched herself at Alicia. 

Unfortunately, Lawrence had quick reflexes. Before Lina could reach past Jacob, Lawrence already had a shoulder against her abdomen. A quick flip sent Lina up and over his shoulder. 

Game over. 

"Put me down!" Lina shrieked as she found herself carried toward the doors. 

"Serves you right!" Alicia shouted after them. 

The last thing Lina heard was Jacob's stern, "Ali, be nice for once." 

Once in the hallway, Lawrence set Lina on her feet. 

Lina stumbled back two steps, swayed by the momentum. It didn't take much to recover her balance. She headed back toward the doors. 

Lawrence extended an arm to stop her. "I don't advise returning." 

"I don't advise getting in my way. Do you realize how much of a mess that girl has caused? Do you know what this is doing to Kaya's stress level? Someone has to take care of it. Might as well be me." 

"In a court of law, you would be the one incarcerated." 

Lina stopped. "How?" 

Lawrence shrugged. "You made the first move. Besides, Alicia comes from a wealthy family. They can afford better lawyers than you can." 

Okay, so the big guard had a point. But that didn't do much to calm Lina's temper. "Then what am I supposed to do? What about Kaya?" 

Lawrence chuckled. "I don't think you need to worry. Mr. Lee is very protective over her." 

"And yet, Alicia is still here, judging them daily." 

"Have you seen any posts lately about the fake relationship?"

Lina wracked her brain for an instance recently where she had read an article posted by Alicia. "Well... no." 

"Don't you think there's a reason?" 

For once in her life, Lina took a step back. This Lawrence guy obviously had something up his sleeve, and she wanted to know what it was. 

"Alright, spill it. What's going on?" 

Lawrence stepped backward to the window in the door and motioned Lina closer. 

Lina scooted in front of him to survey the happenings inside the kitchen. 

Jacob still blocked Alicia, his arms spread wide to prevent her from going around him. Their voices had quieted down, which must be a good sign. 

Lina tilted her head back to look up at Lawrence. "So... what's the reason?" 

"Look who she talks to all day." Lawrence jutted his chin toward Jacob. "There's no one in the building who approves of Mr. Lee's and Ms. Parker's relationship more than Jacob does. Let him work on her." 

Oh. That made sense. Lina grinned at the guard behind her. "Was this your idea?" 

"No. It happened naturally." Lawrence shrugged, then took a step away. "I think it's time for you to leave now." 

Lina backed away from the door, but she didn't walk away. When was she going to get a chance to talk to the handsome guy she spotted at the apartments ages ago, again? 

Lawrence arched his brows. "You aren't leaving?" 

"Do you get breaks in your job?" 

Lawrence shrugged. "Depends."

"I vote yes. Let's get coffee." 

Lina didn't understand the confused look Lawrence gave her, but he didn't say no to her coffee offer. That must be a good sign, right?