The Plan

"After the maze, I got picked up by a group headed to the city." Gally explained as we followed him, "They realised I was immune, patched me up, and they brought me here to Lawrence."

"This groups been at war with Wicked ever since they took control of the city. But Wicked can't hide behind those walls forever. Day is gonna come and they're gonna pay for what they've done."

We came to a stop and he turned to us.

"Listen, uh, he doesn't get a lot of visitors. So, let me do the talking. Alright? And try not to stare." He said and walked off.

We jogged down some stairs to a room where plants were planted everywhere and two men stood in the corner.

"Gally, glad to see you made it back." One of the men, who was leaning down, said. He was wired to something.

"It was a slaughter." Gally said with his hands resting on his harness. "There's nothing we could do against those guns."

"No, but they can only poke the hornet's nest so long before they get stung." He smelt a rose, "Now, who are these people? Why are they here?"

"We need to get into Wicked." I stepped forward and Gally shot me a glare with his jaw tensed.

"Gally said you can get us through the walls." Thomas stood beside me.

"Gally should know better than to make promises that he can't keep. Besides, that wall is only half your problem. Getting inside Wicked is impossible."

"There might be a way now." Gally shrugged, "But it doesn't work without Thomas."

"Is that so?" The man stepped out from the shadows, revealing his distorted face with no nose, "Do you know what I am...Thomas?"

He came close to Thomas' ear and whispered,

"I am a businessman. Which means that I don't take unnecessary risks. Why should I trust you?"

"Cause I can help you." Thomas stated. "You see if you can get me through those walls...I can get you what you need."

"What is it that you think I need?"

"Time. Every last drop." I said and his head snapped to me.

"Is that what I need?"

"Seems like it." I mumbled.

"Wicked has something we both want." Thomas told him.

"I'll tell you what. Three can go for now. The rest stay down here with me. Just a little insurance to make sure you find your way back. We have a deal?"

His hand stuck out from his long coat and Thomas shook it firmly.

"Gally, show them the way."

-

Gally removed a drain cover and lowered a ladder down.

"Be careful, y/n." Jorge whispered to me.

"I always am." I winked and patted him on the back.

Gally stood on the ladder and began to go down when Fry spoke.

"Gally, take care of these three." He said.

"Yeah." Gally continued down.

Newt sat down and cradled his wrist. Something was wrong with him and by the looks of it he hadn't told anyone. I'd ask him about it later. We followed Gally down into the drain.

"Ugh. This is gross." Newt gagged.

"Yeah, this is great." Thomas said sarcastically as he moved the flashlight in different directions.