Back

I pushed the heavy door open more to get a better look, but I still didn't enter. Inside there were men stood in the darkness with there backs to me. There was at least four men, all stood still, protecting, actually more like guarding, something- someone.

I tried to get a better look by moving in but the gun in my hand clanked the metal door, making a loud ding. There heads snapped to me at the same time as if they were robots. I froze hoping they were blind. They weren't. One of them came wading towards me and I still couldn't see his face because of the dark.

"Hey?" I tilted my head, trying to be friendly.

Out of nowhere, he grabbed the sides of my head and smashed it into the near by wall causing my nose to automatically break and bleed. I shoved him away, before manoeuvring my nose, trying to get it used to the throbbing pain.

"That was rude." I sighed.

In the process of him grabbing me, I had somehow dropped both my guns on the floor a few metres to the side of me, so they're weren't an option.

I took out a knife from my thigh and threw it at him, taking him by surprising as it landed deep in his chest. I chuckled at how well I had thrown it before walking over and taking it back from his fallen body.

Then I remembered the three others. I slowly moved my head up, expecting to see them all charging at me. But, they weren't. They were on the floor dead.

My mouth hung open, confused on how the hell that had just happened. I stepped through the bodies, examining each one. They had been shot, but I hadn't heard any shots.

"Over... here." Someone choked out.

I followed their voice to where the men had originally been stood.

And there on the floor directly in front of me was Newt. I dropped down to my knees, trying my best to hold in the tears.

"Newt?" I stuttered.

"Yeah?" He smiled up at me, before laying on his back and holding his side. He dropped a gun, which he must've used to kill the other guards.

He was beaten, very badly. His cheek were boys were extremely chiselled and his under eye bags were dark from being starved. There was a bruise on every limb of his body, a few cuts and there was a stab wound in his side.

I gasped before biting my lip, trying to think causing him to chuckle.

"Don't worry. I'm- I'm okay."

I scoffed, "No, you're not."

He shut his eyes for a second, "I know."

I put his arm round my shoulders and lifted him off the floor. He was too light.

"Let's go you back to, T."

"Tommy?"

"Yes. Tommy." I nodded as I headed for the door.

Before leaving, I squatted us down so I could pick up one of my pistols in my free hand.

"How are- how are you?" He choked out, one of his legs trailing behind us.

"Good, I guess. But, that's not really important right now."

Newt's panting was heavy and it got heavier the further we staggered. I remembered that we had comms and I tapped the ear piece.

Newt noticed, "Do you have a faulty ear or are you just doing that for fun?"

"Comms."

"It- it won't be working." He sighed.