Making It Through The City

We ran through the city. Well, Newt and I limped and helped each other long. My leg wasn't hurting too bad. I mean, I had been stabbed a couple times before and survived it.

Everyone slid to their knees and sat behind a short wall while cars went past. I was between Thomas and Gally. Newt and Minho were opposite us.

"Well, they're definitely pissed." Gally panted as he listened to the blaring sirens.

"How far are the tunnels?" Thomas asked as he slid off his gloves.

"Uh, maybe 12 blocks from here."

Newt coughed violently and shook his head. Thomas stared at him, clearly worried.

"We can make it, T." I smiled, trying to be reassuring.

While Minho was talking with Newt and making sure he was doing okay, Gally, Thomas and I watched the roads. Trying to spot a good time to run.

"They really don't want us to leave." I grumbled.

"Why would they? You and Thomas are apparently very important." Gally said.

"But important how? What makes us so different to you?"

"We might be immune. We know for a fact that Winston and Newt weren't." Thomas said sadly.

"True." I replied trying not to think too hard about Winston.

"Hey," Minho scrambled over, "How long has he been like this?"

"I'm not quite sure." I answered, "Few weeks at the most."

"He'll be okay. We just gotta get to Brenda." Thomas said while pulling off his jacket, "Come on, let's go."

He walked over to Newt and helped him stand. Newt stumbled slightly but Thomas made sure not to let him touch the ground. Minho, Gally and I watched carefully.

"Why are you helping us, Gally?" Minho asked, "I put a spear through your chest. Y/n made to sure to tell me that regularly."

"Yeah, I presumed she would. Plus, nobody's perfect, man." Gally patted Minho's back and stood up.

"I am perfect, actually." Minho smirked jokingly.

"Boy, you wish!" I laughed, "Uh, Gally, I need a little help standing."

"Oh, okay." He grabbed my hands and slowly pulled me up.

I fell forward into his chest but managed to steady myself.

"You okay there, princess? Are you sure you can walk?"

"Oh, how I haven't missed this grossness." Minho fake gagged.

"Be quiet, Min Min." I chuckled, "Gall, I'm fine. I've been through worse. Let's go."

Thomas and Minho had Newt's arms around their shoulders while Gally and I walked in front.

A massive explosion went off, shaking the ground and shattering windows and setting off car alarms. I flinched hard and Gally pulled me closer to him. We all stood up straight from our crouched position and turned to look at the gate to the city from the outside. There was a massive cloud of smoke and fire. Lawrence must of blown up the gateway.

"Was that planned?" I asked.

"We're supposed to take down Wicked, not the whole damn city." Gally said glumly.

"Gally, come on." Thomas said quickly and they walked off.

I stepped to follow them until I noticed Gally paused with a sad frown on his face. I moved in front of him so his eyes met mine.