Chapter 6

Eternal

.•*•.VI.•*•.

     We or rather Caelestinus set up everything for the night. Built a fire, as the night can be rather cold and the cold has started to bite us. He had given me some of the food that he brought along with him. He has some apples and some other type of fruit along with him. Near each other we laid by the fire and while he went to sleep, I found that sleep simply did not want to find me. All I did was stare at the stars, admiring the wonder and beauty that is up there and even seeing it with fresh eyes.

Even when I closed my eyes and tried to get sleep to take me away, it would not. As if sleep was rejecting me. Beside me, he lies and lightly he snores. My mother snores rather loudly, and it can be heard throughout the whole tower, this is similar with the only difference being that I am not in the tower and there is a man sleeping beside me. Perhaps that is the reason for why I cannot all into slumber, but I have a feeling that it is something else which is the cause.

I've been in the same spot for some time now as I fear moving. I do not want  to wake him. He, who has traveled all this way just to free me from the tower that I have been stuck in. To think that all it took to free me was a drop of my blood. When my mind thinks back to the event which only took place some hours ago, I think that it has been within my grasps this entire time, the freedom that I've always wanted. It literally has been with me this entire time and I never realized it.

I do not know much about blood magic or how it works, yet perhaps I should know something about it. Since it was the very thing that got me lout of the tower in the first place. Nothing would be said about it in the books that's I've read in the tower, otherwise I would have known about this much sooner and perhaps even gotten out of the tower before this night. However, I truly have to believe that this was always meant to be, and he was always meant to find me here in the tower.

"Freya" A voice whispers. Fear strikes my heart as my eyes snap open. Breathing heavily I move backwards where my body is pressed against Caelestinus. My eyes looking everywhere around me and still I cannot see anything. No person out there that could have said my name. The voice sounded so soft and gentle and even kind, and yet I feel this fear run through my entire body. I stay close by him as I continue to look around for any sort of danger which could be hiding out there. I have been warned by my mother that the world is dangerous and that anyone that is out there should be careful no matter what.

My heart begins to calm after some minutes have passed by and no one as shown themselves. It frightens me to know that there might be someone in this forest that knows my name and is calling to me. When I know not who it is nor who knows my name for that matter. Only my mother and Caelestinus know my name, none other should know it. I close my eyes when I have deemed that there is nothing out there in the pitch blackness.

⊱.•*•.⊰

"Freya" A voice speaks. "Freya" It whispers to me. "Freya" The voice continues. I'm pulled away from my sleep when I hear the voice chant out my name in a low whisper. The sound is so close that I can almost feel it next to me. When my eyes snap open, and I look around, I once again see no one around me. "Who's there?" I softly whisper back. Not certain whom I'm speaking to, but that is why I asked. Perhaps it is no one and I only imagined it. Still, I had gotten myself lost in a dream, and I was plucked away from it.

"Follow me" The voice whispers to me. It sounds so calming, and I find that I just want to do as it says. Ignoring everything else. Slowly and carefully I stand up from the ground. I make certain that he does not wake up while I do so. "Come to me" The voice speaks, and I am able to see where it is that it comes from. Without much of a thought I walk towards the direction the voice came from, walking into the unknown of the forest and the darkness itself that does not hide.