Chapter 13

Eternal

.•*•.XIII.•*•.

     This man smirking face does not make things brighter here, and I doubt that things are about to be brighter any time soon. The night I believe will reign for a couple of more hours. "I did not figure it out" I speak. In truth, I know that I am supposed to do it, how and why are the two of a lot of questions that need to be answered. "Who are you?" I ask him. His pale face looks at me and his black eyes eye me carefully. He has this aura around him that I find interesting and yet dangerous that I should not trust.

He continues to smirk as he walks over to me. Going around me in circles. As he had done before. "Asking that question will only leave you wanting more answers, Freya. Why do not ask who you are?" He asks me. This glint in his eyes does make me realize that I do not think that I've even asked or thought about that. "Ah, yes, you realize that you are not like the typical Witch, but rather someone else" He says. Annoyingly he speaks the truth, despite me not wanting him to have said that.

I have not asked who I am. I am not like any other Witch. This, I do know for my whole life I've never been like anyone else. "Then, who am I?" I ask him. He sits down on some ruin from one of the houses. What that once was, I do not know for the pieces are large, and it does not look like this resembles anything that I've ever seen before. "That is a good question. And one that has no answer" He speaks. I give him a confused look as I furrow my eyebrows at him.

Then I look down at the jewel that I have, and maybe I already know who I am. This jewel has already told me the answer to that question. The only thing that I need to do is ask the right questions. And perhaps listen a bit better. Maybe that question does have an answer. One that he doesn't know but I know. I shake my head. "You continue to confuse me. You have not told me who you are nor what you are doing here" I speak to him, irritated that he does not even tell me anything.

And in the times that he does, it leaves me more confused than I was. "I already did tell you. But, were you listening" He speaks. I let out a sigh. I turn around. "What happened to this town?" I ask him. "I have seen smoke coming from here, and I have heard people laugh" I say. He chuckles as he looks around the town. "I do not see anything wrong with it. Is it not you, who are seeing things differently" He says to me. I let out a sigh, once again. Speaking to this man does take a great effort.

Turning around I face the houses and shake my head. I do not wish to speak to this man any longer, he does not wish to give me answers. "Each time you speak, you do not give answers" I tell him without turning to look at him. When I am trying to do all that I can to get the answers that I need, this man only adds more questions. When I turn around once more to look at him, he is not even there at all. I gasp when I look around myself and see what was not there before.

The town is filled with life now. People walking around and the laughter and talking can be heard all around me. My jaw drops open when I see people around me, the houses are houses now. None of the houses look like they have been in ruins. They are standing tall and filled with blooming life. Children are around. Even this time of night the life can be seen everywhere. This has me even more confused than ever. Seeing the things that were not here before, it confuses me to the limit of being confused.

The people around me do not seem to be able to see me and neither do they care much for me. They continue with their lives. Some people are kissing, some are laughing. The town that I once believed to have been deserted and abandoned, it is not. The town is like a town. Alive and breathing. All that I can do is stare at it. Walking in circle around myself to see it all. The life and the energy that is around here is something that has me interested in it, the confusion growing with every second that passes by the world.