Chapter 19

Eternal

.•*•.XIX.•*•.

     With the heart in my hands as I hold the stick I point it at him. No longer is the heart turning black. Still, there are few spots of black of them. As if there are parts of it that have died while the other parts of the jewel remain alive. I walk towards him. "Unlike last time, I know how to use it" I tell him. I no longer fear this monster that is in front of me. His face does not show any fear either and neither did I think that he would show the fear that I know that he fears me.

As he should. The magic is all around me. "I may not have any memories of the past that we share, but I know how to use the heart and how to save magic" I speak. I continue to walk towards him, feeling that I want nothing more than to get this over with. All he does is chuckle, and he takes the knife that he holds in his hands and throws it at me. The knife does not get close to me. It stops mid-air and then falls down to the ground.

I kneed down and take the knife into my hands. It still carries my blood on it. I study the knife for a second, still keeping an eye out for him to make certain that he is not doing anything at the moment. He seems stunned. Perhaps because he did not think that I would be able to overpower him. "This knife carries magic, it was meant to kill me. Only it was not forged to kill me. But rather you" I speak and then look at him. This time there is fear on his face, the fear of what I can do to him.

He does fear me and the things that I can do. "You lied to me, tricked me, made me believe that you loved me. You never loved me at all, did you? No, I do not think that you ever loved me at all. You never cared about me. None of it was real" I speak. The pain in my voice is true. The earth around us shakes as I walk towards him. The wind starts to pick up and is flowing everywhere and in every direction. My eyes remain only on him. It is then that all of the memories of my past lives run through me.

The times in which the two of us meet, and I laugh and fall in love while he plots to take away the very thing that I hold dear. The world. The world which I love and that is my one true love. It is not him that I love but the world and the magic that the world has to offer. It is of wonder and joy which the magic is born of. I see inside my mind that I always live happy lives until I end it myself.

I end my own life to0 safe the world. This time I do not need to end my life. Only his. I continue to walk towards him. The ground opens up and these large and long holes begin to form. So deep that I can see the fire deep down there. The fires that give life to the world. I stare at him with such anger that even he can feel my anger. With the heart in one hand I point it at him while I hold the knife in the other. "Never again will you threaten the world" I speak to him.

I stalk towards him and when we are so close to each other I can see that he backs away. Until the ground has opened up on all sides of him except for one. The side which I am walking towards him. I can see clearly in my mind what he is and who he is. He is someone that used the darkest of magic for his own gain and therefor got cursed a long time ago. The Witch that cursed him was I. He had played with magic that was beyond his knowledge and had to pay the price.

For he had taken the lives of innocent people. Though the curse that I put on him was not to punish him for long. I did not make him into the monster that he is now. All that I did was make him suffer for one lifetime. It was the dark magic that and made him like this and that is punishing him as well as the world. Dark magic is evil, and it is the source of all evil in this world. It will do all that it can to see the world fall

Even if that means destroying a man's life. "I will kill you!" He threatens me. I do not feel frightened of him. Perhaps I never was. I only needed to find the person that I have always been. My feet lift from the ground where I float in the air. Just barely off the ground itself as I go towards him. "No, you will not. You cannot kill the very thing that holds this world together. I am the world" I speak to him. I go towards him, and now I am in front of him. The fear in his black eyes is true.