Chapter 7

Eternal

.•*•.VII.•*•.

Waking up when the sun shines on us is the best feeling in the world. I can feel the freedom in the light and I can see how the world wants me to live my life freely and wildly and just living. When I wake up I notice that Caelestinus is nowhere to be found which does make me worry to where he is. He has not gotten away, that I know for his horse is still there. The same horse that does not seem to be able to look away from me. Not because he is fascinated by me but rather because he wants to keep an eye on me, I suppose.

To ensure that I will not hurt his master. I would never hurt him nor anyone for that matter. I stand up from the ground, realizing that this is my first time actually sleeping on the ground and the grass nonetheless. All of this makes it real. That I had not dreamt any of it I truly am out of the tower, and I am down at the ground with him. Or at least I was with him since I cannot find. I look around for him.

"Caelestinus!" I call out. I don't get a response which really worries me. I head for the forest to look for him. I do not know what to do in the forest. There is very little that I was allowed to read when it came to the outside world. All that I was supposed to read were the spell books that we owned. My mother said that it was the only thing that I ever needed to know of the world. She used to say that if the world did not want me then I do not want the world.

I call out his name as I walk in the forest. Unlike it was last night, the forest is now bright and cherry. I do not feel as frightened to walk here now. And now there is no need for a sun spell to guide and to protect me and to bring me light. "Freya, is everything all right? Are you hurt?" He asks me when he comes running towards me. I sigh with relief. I shake my head. "No, I am not hurt. I woke up and I could not find you. I became worried and afraid" I say to him.

He chuckles as he walks over to me. "I was gathering supplies. We do have a long way to go, and it would be most strategic to have some food and water for the road" He says. Just then I look down at what he's holding in his hands. Shame comes to me when I see that he has simple berries as well as other herbs that can be eaten. Along with some containers which I assume is for the water which he spoke about. "Forgive me, I did not know" I say to him. I feel my cheeks warm as I look down in shame.

Caelestinus walks over to me. "Hey, look at me" He says, and I do. His eyes bring me more comfort than he could ever know, and I doubt he can even understand the beauty that his eyes hold inside them. The emotions that can be seen within them is wonderful and powerful. "No one expects you to know everything, least of all me" He says to me. He shuffles everything in one of his hands and with the other he takes mine and holds it. "I was worried something had happened to you" He speaks.

His voice as well as his words do bring me relaxation which no one has ever done before. The only times that I have felt that is when I read his letters. His words and the way that he speaks, it all calms me down and makes me feel things that I've never felt before. I knew that I was falling in love with him a long time ago, his letters were the only thing that I could love but now that he's here, I find that I am willing to love him deeper than his letters.

"We should probably head back. When traveling it's best to use as much sunlight as we can. That way we will always stay on the safer side of things" He tells me. I could not find my voice, so I just nod my head and give him a weak smile. Thinking about the future and of us makes me the happiest that I have ever been, and I cannot wait for that to happen. For our future to begin. Together we walk back, and then we put everything into the bag that is then put on the horse.

"Come on" He says and gestures for me to get on the horse. I freeze when he does that. "I think it is better that I walk" I say as I take one step back. The horse does agree with me on that I would guess. While it is not frightened by me, it does not want to have anything to do with me. Caelestinus gives me a confused look and then a look of sorrow. "Forgive me, I had not realized that this was your first time ever going on a horse" He says. I sigh. That can be the reason, but it is not the only reason.