Chapter Ten

Thin Lines - Chapter Ten

The situation they were currently in was obviously a very awkward one, and at the same time something both Trish and Dez couldn't believe they were apart of in the first place. If Kitty hadn't come and interrupted whatever it was they were actually doing, then who knows what it could have escalated to. Neither of them were ready to think about such things.

And it was safe to say, both were actually happy to see Kitty Glam for once.

"Well?" The girl in question stressed the word out in an accusing tone, "Explain yourself, Dez!"

"Uh..." Dez was dumbstruck. He chanced a glance at Trish and she too looked as if she'd lost a few brain cells. After a moment of silence, his brain reminded him to get it together and he spoke.

"She had water in her eyes. I was just helping her get it out."

Kitty narrowed her eyes in suspicion. As she looked over at Trish, it seemed as if she was unable to look directly back into her eyes and this didn't exactly help her case. Not completely convinced with Dez's excuse but at the same time not really caring either way, Kitty trained her attention back to Dez.

"It doesn't even matter that she's here. What does matter is the fact you didn't mention she was coming!" Huh? Confused, both Trish and Dez shared a look of bewilderment before they both turned to face Kitty again.

"Did you know I was going to be here?" Dez demanded more than asked. Kitty's eyes widened at his tone, quickly realising her slip up.

"Of course not...I-I didn't eavesdrop on one of your conversations with Austin...or anything?" It was Dez's turn to narrow his eyes and Trish had to refrain from scoffing. With a nervous laugh, Kitty flipped her hair behind her shoulder.

"Anyway," She was quick to change the subject "What's obviously more important right now is what is going on here."

"Nothing, okay?" Dez said with a distressed sigh, though he didn't dare look in Trish's direction this time, in case he gave any emotions away. "I already told you."

Kitty let out a 'hmph!' her eyes still darting back and forth between the two before she eventually stilled her gaze on Dez.

"Yeah, well, it better not be. Dez, come join me buy the shake shack. We can share a Strawberry Swizz." Kitty finished her sentence off with a grin. Dez squirmed under how intense her stare was, but managed to smile back awkwardly.

"Uh, in a sec. I need to dry myself off." If it was possible, her grin became wider. Before leaving the scene, she threw Trish a glare and then turned around to practically strut off.

Once she was a safe distance away, they both let out a sigh of relief. This prompted on a few laughs, as they walked further away from the shore.

"Please try and explain to me how you managed to survive going out with her?" Trish was still laughing as she shook her head. She found it bizarre that someone could even spend time with the girl at all, let alone consider dating her.

"Hey, she wasn't always crazy...I think." This caused Trish to laugh even harder and Dez tried not to focus too hard on how pretty she looked in that exact moment.

"So what are you going to do now?" She questioned him once her laughter had died down. "Are you going to go over there?"

With a grimace, Dez looked over to his far left. Kitty was in the process of buying the largest size of Strawberry Swizz milkshakes they offered at the 'Shake Shack'. She was even inserting two straws into the cup.