Chapter Four

Thin Lines - Chapter Four

It had been a while since Trish had laughed this hard. She was literally holding her stomach as she let out more and more uncontrollable laughter. Sitting in a booth at the 'Melody Diner', people were beginning to stare disapprovingly at the noise she was making - but she didn't care. The discomfort and torture in Dez's eyes was something she didn't expect to enjoy so much, but thanks to creepy Mindy, she was enjoying it a hell of a lot.

"Trish, please keep it down. People are staring." Ally said looking exasperated, she was also noticeably clutching the fork that was in her hand very tightly.

"Okay, okay." Trish said after a few minutes, wiping a few tears that had escaped from her eyes. "I think I'm done." Dez, who was sitting next to her, turned to give her a peeved look.

"I hope you explode later from all that unflattering laughter you just emitted." Trish just simply grinned back, leaning in closer towards him and resting her chin in her hands before replying.

"Oooh, using our big words now are we? Well, good for you dofus you're finally learning." Dez clenched his jaw, wanting nothing more than to do something that would maker her extremely uncomfortable or mad...or both.

"DEZZY CHEEKS!" Mindy's loud voice was back, as she rushed over to the table with a tray in her hands that contained two big dishes. One with egg salad, and another with the famous 'Cha-cha' chicken pot pie.

"I bought some more of your favourites just for you." She shoved the two plates in front of him before flicking his nose affectionately. Dez gulped, looking down at the food before looking back up with a nervous smile. Trish had to slap a hand over her mouth, for she felt laughter bubbling up in her throat again.

"Th-thanks Mindy...but uh, I'm not really that -"

"Come on, eat it Dezzy."

"You see, I would but I -"

"I SAID EAT IT." In fear, Dez quickly did as he was told, shoving mouthfuls of both foods at a time with his small spoon. Trish at this point had abandoned her efforts of keeping quiet and let out more humored laughter; probably the loudest of the night.

-TXD-

"Aw man, I don't think I've ever laughed this much in my life." Trish said, sounding content as the four friends left the melody diner. Austin and Ally simultaneously rolled their eyes as they walked in front with their hands clasped. Dez who was walking beside Trish, shoved his hands in his pockets in silent irritation.

"Can't something appear out of nowhere and trip her up?" He muttered, not intending for Trish to hear but not being quiet enough...so she did.

"It's a shame dreams can't always come true freckles...but you definitely made sure Mindy's did tonight." And then she was off laughing again and all Dez could do was let out a small growl of annoyance. "

"Come on Trish, leave him alone. He's suffered enough for one day." Ally spoke up as they finally reached the two cars parked next to each other.

"Thank you, Ally," Dez said with a smile. "Tell me why you hang out with this...person over here again?" He heard Trish scoff and he was suddenly feeling slightly better. That was to be short lived however as his smile slowly faded once he noticed Ally and Austin both moving to sit in Ally's car.

"Uh...Austin, that's not your car." Trish said slowly, as if Austin were a slow child himself.

"Yeah I know, I'm riding back with Ally." He replied simply, as if leaving his car in the parking lot was an option. Dez and Trish glanced at each other in confusion before looking back at the couple.