Chapter Twelve

Thin Lines - Chapter Twelve

Trish and Dez managed to compose themselves once they sat back down next to the cute couple that was Austin and Ally. Though Dez's mind was racing. Repeating those three words in his head as loudly as he could had just managed to make him all the more confused.

"Where did you guys go?" Ally questioned with a raise of her eyebrow. In all honesty, Trish and Dez were surprised she'd even noticed they'd moved at all. Not with her staring at Austin with heart eyes and feeding him fry after fry.

"Bathroom." Trish answered immediately. Dez nodded, and tried to act as nonchalant as possible.

"Oh, right." Ally paused, then smiled. "Well now that you're back, how do you guys feel about going to the fair that's in town?"

If this was any other day, Trish would've disagreed without hesitation. However, after what had just conspired with Chuck and Dez barely fifteen minutes ago...that wasn't the case. And Ally looked too happy to flat out say 'no' to in that moment.

"Nah, I think I'll pass." She tried her best to smile without grimacing.

"No! Come on, Trish please?" Ally suddenly resembled eyes of a wounded puppy, and this would have been the right time to look away but Trish couldn't find the will to for some reason.

"Well...I..."

"Please, please, please?"

-TXD-

Trish De La Rosa wasn't one to be usually swayed by cute faces to get her to do things she didn't want to. Heck, she'd probably laugh at you and turn you down as rudely as possible. But when it came to Ally Dawson, her best friend in the whole wide world...something made her 'swayable'

And that's exactly how she ended up standing in front of the entrance to the Miami Spring Fair.

"Ugh." Was all she could say, as she stared at the wonky entrance sign. Dez's expression was one of content, but Austin and Ally held more enthusiasm.

"I see cotton candy!" Ally exclaimed, and Austin chuckled at how excited she was. But then his eyes found something that had him in a similar state.

"AND PANCAKES!" He nearly screeched.

"Actually Austin, they're called crepes so -"

"LET'S GO." Austin effectively cut off Ally's know it all fact and dragged her to the booth that held his favourite treat.

"And then there were two." Dez stated with a chuckle. Trish managed a small smile in response. She watched silently as Austin continued to drag Ally over to the pancake stand with child like glee in his step.

"I'm starting to wish I'd said no after all." Trish said, her amused smile turning into a wry one as cheesy fair ride music filled her ears.

"Come on, don't be one of those people." Dez smirked, knowing Trish would whip around to face him with narrowed eyes.

"Those people? What do you mean by that, Wade?" Trish demanded, after doing the exact actions Dez had predicted.

"Those pessimistic people who are even against things like fairs." Trish rolled her eyes at him, almost failing to hide the amused smile that was forming on her lips.

"You're lame." Was all she could think to reply with, before glancing up at the Ferris Wheel that was nearby. It was going alarmingly slow for her taste.

"Don't tell me stuff like that doesn't bore you," She said to Dez, gesturing to it with the wave of her hand.

"Are you kidding? I love Ferris Wheels. The view at the top is always breathtaking." Dez said back, though his gaze was trained on the ride in question. Trish watch him as a thoughtful expression took over his blue eyes. Even just standing like that he looked pretty good and she hated to admit such a fact so casually to herself.