Chapter Five

Thin Lines - Chapter Five

It was the end of the school day soon enough, and Trish was more than ready to get home like she always was. She had a new job to go to that she had applied for before the break, and Ally had promised to be her ride home today, without Austin, which was a nice surprise. She did need the time with her best friend after all, especially when she needed the distraction from stupid thoughts about stupid people that were plaguing her mind.

After the Kitty incident, all she could think about was how infuriating Dez was and how stupid he looked most of the time. Even though they were all negative thoughts, he was still the center of her mind field...and she didn't like it. Now that it was the end of the school day however, she was in a happier mood. She could finally put the day behind her and hopefully never have to encounter such an incident ever again.

Walking down the hallways, they were noticeably deserted. She had stayed behind after her last class to argue her case as to why she didn't do her English essay. After a while Mr. Landon had given up and let her go, tired with her after just a few months of having her as a student. Practically skipping, she noticed a boy who happened to be the only other person in the hallway standing in front of his open locker, with his hand rummaging around inside.

Once she took in the sight of his tall height and his red hair, she realised who it was. Looks like the idiot's lost something, she smiled, this should be fun.

"Hey, I don't want to get your mood down but I don't think you'll find your brain in there." Her voice was ringing with fake sympathy. She heard the rattle of papers stop and could feel the glare on her back as she walked onward.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" Dez's tone was snarky, and she snickered.

"Do you not see me walking towards the school's entrance." She deadpanned, only turning to glance at him with a small smirk.

"Good luck in finding it, you're really going to need it considering it's not even present at the moment." As if she knew it was coming she immediately ducked, a fairly well aimed paper ball flying over her head. Then she turned around again to face him with an even bigger smug smile.

"You should probably try and find some hand eye co-ordination in there too." She stated simply, before saluting at him and walking out of the building.

Oh how revenge was sweet.

Walking down the entrance steps, she felt like the victor in a brutal battle. She scanned the crowd of teenagers eager to get home, and it didn't take her too long to find Ally in front of her car hugging Austin. She took her time walking over to them, trying to give them as much time as possible. Once she was in five metre radious she cleared her throat after hearing the third "I'll miss you more."

"Oh, hey Trish. You ready?" Ally removed her arms from around her boyfriend's neck who Trish noticed pouted from the loss of contact.

"Yeah, let's go before I'm late on my first day at my new job...not that I really care actually but I should at least pretend I do." She replied before she turned to face Austin, giving him a teasing smile.

"Sorry for stealing your girlfriend Austin, but she's my best friend too." Austin's pouty expression quickly turned into an understanding smile.

"Hey it's cool, T. Don't want to ruin friendships and all that." She found the nickname Austin had decided to give her cute considering it was him. If it were anyone else she would've probably glared at them until they started blubbering out gibberish. Smiling, she punched his shoulder playfully and even with his ripped looking muscles in the shirt he was wearing, he had to reach out and rub his arm.