Chapter Three

Thin Lines - Chapter Three

"Ugh, great. We're early!" Trish whined, as Ally shot off the car's engine. They were now in the parking lot of the movie complex and were indeed ten minutes earlier than the planned time.

"Punctuality is everything Trish. I don't want Austin to think I don't care." Ally didn't even look at her as she said this, smoothing her hair down as she looked into the small car mirror instead.

"But now that idiot that is his so called best friend will think I'm all eager to see him and will use it against me. Can't I just stay in the car for a bit?" Ally finally turned away from the mirror to give Trish one of her famous reprimanding looks. After a few stubborn seconds, Trish sighed and looked away first, which meant that she had given in.

"I'm sure this will be fun. Dez is a nice guy Trish, just give him a chance." Ally's words caused Trish to let out a snort of disbelief.

"Yeah, no chances are going to be given what so ever. I'm just here for the free popcorn and beverages." And before Ally could scold her she quickly unbuckled her seat belt and rushed out of the car.

-TXD-

Five Minutes Later...

"What happened to always being considerably five minutes late?" Dez questioned from the passenger seat of Austin's car. They were making their way to the movie complex, and for once, Austin was driving there to make it on time.

"I keep telling you Dez, Ally's different. She's special and I guess I want to impress her you know?" Dez observed the warm smile that was now on Austin's face and couldn't stop the one settling on his own. Austin would probably deny this around some of their 'guy friends' like Dallas or Elliot, but with each other, nothing was kept a secret.

"I'm glad. Ally seems great... it's just a shame about her taste in best friends though." It was like everything around him was a constant reminder that one of his least favorite people in the world was going to be his sort of date for the day. He could already imagine a scenario in which she would stand ten feet away from him at all times and demand that he buy her food because she was the girl and that meant -

But wait. His mind stopped him. We've made an agreement. At the memory, his body relaxed slightly but his mind still revolved around stressful thoughts. They would have to act civil towards each other sure, but that didn't mean that she couldn't easily go back on her word.

"Oh come on, we've been over this before Dez. We all know you find her best friend hotter than hot." Dez turned to shoot him a glare, rendered out of his thoughts.

"Are we really back to that again?" Austin laughed at how quick Dez was to become so defensive.

"We're here anyway, so I won't interrogate you until later." Dez just simply rolled his eyes as the car went to a stop. He had been so absorbed in his thoughts that he hadn't even noticed Austin make the turn into the parking lot. The two young men stepped out of the car, Dez frowning as they made their way to the movie complex entrance.

Once inside, they excused themselves passed groups of other teenagers until they noticed Ally and Trish standing next to the food stand laughing about something. Once Dez's eyes landed on his sort of date for the day, he couldn't stop his eyes from roaming down her form. In all honesty, he had expected her to dress like a slob just to be difficult - but it looked like she really was going to go along with their agreement.

For some reason, he couldn't bring himself to look away from the sight of her laughing. She looked almost...did he dare use the words down to earth? Her brown eyes were lit up in happiness, giving off the aurora of a carefree person. He had yet to remember a time he had seen her like this before; usually if she was laughing it was with an evil gleam in her eye. He quickly dampened his rambling thoughts again once they reached the two girls and they both turned to look at them upon their arrival.