Stranger

***JJK POV***

The next day 

Another day, another regret, another fake smile to put on. I'm dreading today, but then again, don't I dread everyday?  I thought to myself as I was brushing my teeth. I looked in the mirror to see the same face I had seen every day for the past year. But somehow, I was now a different person from what I was 2 years ago. Now, I've lived to see the things life will give you. 

I walked to school. Head down. Shoulders slumped. Kicking a rock down the road to amuse myself. Then, I heard footsteps running towards me. I turned my head, the brisk wind blowing my hair into my eyes. I reached a hand up to pull my hair away. When I had turned around fully, I saw a figure standing before me. It wasn't just anyone though, it was the girl from yesterday, y/n. She had a grey backpack with a pleated skirt and a blouse. I had seen that uniform so many times, but somehow, she managed to pull it off so well. 

"Good morning!" She said cheerfully

"Good morning?" I replied, confused to why she would talk to me of all people. 

"Jungkook, right?" She questioned with a warm smile, "I'm pretty sure we met yesterday at lunch."

"Yes. We did." I replied, and exhaled harshly. I was not in the mood to talk this morning.

" Well, since we're going the same way, I'll walk with you to school." She replied while straightening her skirt.

Her last sentence shocked me. No one ever talked to me, let alone walk with me to school. They were all intimidated by me. Maybe they thought i was a rude brat that kept to himself. I wasn't that bad, was I?

After walking a good while, an awkward silence hung in the air. As our pace slowed, I forced myself to break the quiet atmosphere. But of course, I did it tin the most awkward way possible: 

"Where do you live?" I asked. 

Immediately regretted asking that question. I sounded like a freak. I barely knew her! She was basically a stranger, and now I'm asking her where she lives.. she laughed, which thankfully brightened the atmosphere, as well as the redness that was spreading across my face.

" I live right around the corner, on Gwacheon Street." She replied, playing with the belt on her backpack.

"Cool." I blurted out awkwardly as an attempt to sound fine. Way to go kook! You freaked her out on the second day! This is why no one is your friend. 

"Sorry..." I stated, rubbing my neck in nervousness 

"What do you have to be sorry for?" She asked me with a sparkle in her eye

"I'm not too good at being social, am I?" I laughed nervously and looked down

"I think you're doing great." She said sweetly. Then she did something I never expected.

To be continued! Thank you to whoever wants to read this! I really appreciate it. I love making this, and I hope you will grow to love the story as well. I will try not to disappoint y'all. Have a great day! God bless you all. Remember you are so loved, even when you feel the most alone, there's always someone there for you, they just might be hidden by your feelings. I purple you! Comment down below on improvements I need to make. (But I will keep the storyline the same) hahaha bye!