Rest

You gagged

You looked down and saw a warm mass of baby vomit.

You gagged multiple times and cursed under your breath.

You looked the mom in the eyes, and gave her the death look.

"I'm so, so, so, sorry! I'll find you some napkins right now, don't go anywhere! I'll be right back!" She promised in a rushed, stressed out manner.

"It's fine...." you attempted to reassure her but she had already run over towards the restrooms.

Alrighty then. You might as well just sit here, in the reception room, drenched with baby vomit.

You gagged continuously, and sat there patiently waiting for the mom to return.

After a while of waiting, you heard your name being called.

You stood up and walked over to the reception desk, and checked yourself in.

While you were typing in your information, the mom with the toddler came over to you with a towel, and tons of napkins.

"I'm so, so, so, so, sorry! I didn't know that was going to happen! He's just a toddler. Please forgive me." She begged, and bowed 90 degrees with her toddler on her hip.

The kid started screaming and kicking again, and she quickly shushed him.

"Don't worry about it!" You reassured her, as You were wiping baby vomit off of your shirt. "It's not your fault. Really, it's OK."

"Alright then, I'll  Venmo you some money for a new shirt."

"No need too.." You tried, but she had already walked back to her seat.

Just then, a doctor stepped out from behind a thick blue curtain which led to Jungkook's room.

"He's woken up." You overheard him say to a nurse who was about your age.

You immediately walked over to the doctor.

"Has Jungkook woken up? Can I see him?" You questioned eagerly

" are you Kim y/n?" The doctor asked.

"Yes, I am."

"Alright, I'm Dr. Kim Seokjin, but you can call me Jin." He replied casually. 

He looked a few years older than you, but kind and experienced.

"Nice to meet you. Now, can I please see Jungkook?" You eagerly asked.

Dr. Jin replied happily, "yes I think you can, I have to be in the room along with you to keep track of his monitor."

You followed the doctor through the doorway, and tugged the curtain closed.

The room was filled with sunlight. His bed stood against the wall across from the entrance.

There was a bedside table with a vase of colorful flowers to brighten up the mood of the room.

Under the heavy white sheets, sat Jungkook. 

His eyes were open, but he looked worn out.

Dozens of tubes and IV's were connected to his chest and arms.

You slowly made your way over to the bed.

You stood before him, and he looked up at you, while a weak smile tugged at his chapped lips.

"Hey" you smiled

"H-hey..." he said in a raspy, strangled voice. 

"You don't have to talk." You reassured him. "We can talk more after you're fully rested."