𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖨𝖨💔: 𝖧𝗈𝗉𝖾𝗅𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗇𝖾𝗌𝗌

𝗦𝗢𝗡𝗚 - 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞 𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗜𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝗕𝗬 𝗚𝗜𝗩Ē𝗢𝗡
******

ᴛᴡᴏ ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

︶⊹︶︶︶♡︶︶︶⊹︶

Destini's POV

IT'S BEEN TWO years since Marcos got arrested, and I still miss him. Alayah is four years old now, and she misses him also. We wrote letters to each other for the first few months, but I stopped writing him back because I was hurting myself. Last year I met a fantastic guy named Kareem, who swept me off my feet with his corniness. We met at a grocery store in the candy aisle.

As I reached up to grab a bag of Reese's pieces, he accidentally knocked over a box of Mike N Ike, and it hit me in the face. He repeatedly apologized for what he did; it annoyed me, but he was so cute, so I let it slide. We walked around the store talking, and he made Alayah laugh, so that was a plus. After talking with him, I found out he works at his indoor skate park, and he teaches kids how to ride a skateboard, so I know he is good with kids. I love that Kareem's friendly, caring, and patient around children.

Especially when he is around Alayah, he is gentle with her, has minor tea parties with her, and reads her bedtime stories. Kareem has not once raised his voice at her since we have been together, so that's a plus. When Marcos got arrested, I cried myself to sleep that night. I was so hurt and could not believe he would do something like that. Something that would cost him not seeing his daughter.

Marcos missed out on a lot of things. He missed the first tooth coming out. The second one fell out on Christmas Eve. Alayah was sad when he did not show up on her birthdays, Christmas, and Thanksgiving. Her eyes shined so bright with excitement when she received a bike last year from Kareem. She was so happy she screamed, jumping in his arms, saying thank you repeatedly.

Climbing out of bed, I slid my feet into some slippers before going to the bathroom to pee. After washing my hands, my face, brushing my teeth, and readjusting my bun, I walk out of my room, careful not to wake Kareem as I make my way to Alayah's room. I quietly open her door, peek my head inside, see her still asleep, and then decide to start breakfast. As I grabbed the ingredients for sausage links, grits, eggs, and toast, I began cooking. About twenty minutes passed when arms found their way around my waist.

My new boyfriend Kareem kisses my head, making me giggle as we sway side to side.

"Good morning, love." I smiled, turned around, and placed a kiss on his lips.

"Morning, baby." His semi-deep voice speaks, reaching around me and sneaking a piece of sausage as if I did not see him.

"Really." I laughed.

"What?" He questions playing dumb.

"You didn't think I saw you take a piece of meat?" I asked, smacking his chest playfully.