Healing (WangXian & WenZhou) Part 2 of 2

Indeed, Lao Wen was not dead.

They all gathered around the dining table toasting and cheering for Wen Kexing's safe return. Chengling and Wen Kexing reminisced their plan and toasted for every successful step, Gu Xiang and Cao Weining bickered playfully like they usually do, stuffing each other's mouths with the delicious food, Da Wu and Jing Beiyuan were chatting with others about random things like finding wives- or husbands.

But then there were Zhou Zishu, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji, all sitting quietly at the end of the table. Zhou Zishu had introduced Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangi to everyone as 'good friends' but didn't dare say how or why they met.

Wei Wuxian was not in his usual party and drinking mood. He sipped the alcohol slowly, glancing between Wen Kexing and Zhou Zishu between every sip. Zhou Zishu was unusually silent, he was surrounded by so much melancholy that Wei Wuxian could almost see the sad aura that clouded over him.

Lan Wangji was seated silently beside Wei Wuxian, his face stern as always, but he could also feel the tension oozing from Zhou Zishu's side. He eyed Wen Kexing, shooting him a strange look that carried a bit of blame and accusation.

Wen Kexing finally noticed Lan Wangji's threatening golden gaze; he smiled at him and held his cup up, "Cheers to new friends!"

"I'll drink for him." Wei Wuxian snatched the cup from Lan Wangji's hand, "to new friends." He gulped the cup and sat back down, his pupils diverting again in Zhou Zishu's direction who seemed to not notice the friendly gesture that just took place.

Wen Kexing now seemed more interested in what was happening at their side of the table, he approached them with another cup of wine, "Wei Gongzi seems to be fond of my A-Xu." Wen Kexing smiled at him.

"Wen Gongzi," Wei Wuxian looked up at him, "Zhou Gongzi seems troubled, I was only concerned since he seemed not to enjoy your party." He held up the cup, "Do not misunderstand."

"You really seem to pay attention to my A-Xu's mood." Wen Kexing took another step towards Wei Wuxian, but Lan Wangji immediately stood up from his seat shielding him. He laughed and retracted his step, "I see."

"Lao Wen." Zhou Zishu grabbed his arm and pulled him back, away from Lan Wangji's space. "They're friends."

"But A-Xu!" Wen Kexing's expression and attitude quickly changed into a lighter one, "this one keeps looking at me like I burnt down his house!" He pointed at Lan Wangji. "And this one keeps looking at you like you're a dessert!" He pointed at Wei Wuxian.

"No, no, no!" Wei Wuxian panicked, "Wen Gongzi! It's not what you think! You see, I'm married!" He grabbed Lan Wangji's sleeve. "Lan Zhan is my husband, I wouldn't think of anyone else!" He turned to Lan Zhan, "Well I know that I used to flirt a lot in the past but now I'm settled..."

Lan Wangji exhaled, sighing in irritation.

"What?! Lan Zhan! I said I'm settled!" Wei Wuxian pouted.

Wen Kexing laughed at the silly conversation and joined in, "actually," He approached Wei Wuxian and lowered his voice, "I used to flirt a lot too," He burst out in laughter, "But now I don't dare!" He opened the fan to hide his face from Zhou Zishu.

Wei Wuxian laughed crazily putting his arm around Wen Kexing; and it was only a friendly gesture, "I think we will be good friends, you and I." He wiped away the tears of laughter, "you know," he murmured, "Lan Zhan once bit me because I flirted with a girl!"

"Wei Ying!"

"I was really popular back in the days! They pursued me!" Wei Wuxian defended.