Ch9 - Three People Become Ghosts

The sunlight outside the window was just right. The shadows of the trees, the halos and the pure gold light sifted through the tree leaves. On the surface, this was an ordinary afternoon journey. Yet on closer inspection, the direction, distribution and brightness of the light outside was too monotonous. The light spots on the ground that rapidly retreated repeated the same shape at 10 meter intervals. It was like a game scene that wasn’t completely rendered.

Jiang Fang leaned against the bus window and observed the monotonous exterior scene. Nan Zhou concentrated on the bracelet that handcuffed the two of them. Jiang Fang told him, “Take it easy. It might open on its own at the end.” 

“No.”

“Why?”

Nan Zhou explained, “That mushroom doesn’t like me and won’t open it for me.”

Jiang Fang couldn’t help wondering with a smile, “Then what are you going to do?” 

Nan Zhou reached out for the junction of the two silver rings.

“It is very simple…”

Jiang Fang stared at him.

Nan Zhou’s hand paused and he thought for a moment. Then he said something strange. “I don’t think this can be opened.”

“Yes,” Jiang Fang replied with a smile. “The workmanship is pretty solid.”

Nan Zhou immediately sat back in his original position. “That’s it. Let’s talk about it at the end.”

Jiang Fang laughed, relaxed and leaned back. At this time, Nan Zhou had the mind to take a closer look at Jiang Fang. This person’s eyelashes and skin were lighter in color and easily stained by the sunlight. The choker clung to the skin of his neck and was just against his Adam’s apple. The slight movement of the throat caused the soft black leather to move up and down. It looked very…

Tempting to poke. 

The others, “……”

They huddled in the middle of the carriage and watched the pair of bigshots handcuffed together while afraid to speak. Only Li Yinhang sat closer to them.

As Nan Zhou’s fingers on the side of the seat were about to move, he heard Li Yinhang say, “Thank you. Without you, we might’ve failed here. The best result… I’m afraid that a few more people would’ve died.”

Nan Zhou’s fingers grabbed the seat cover twice before he reluctantly retracted his thoughts on touching the Adam’s apple. He turned his head and nodded silently at Li Yinhang, calmly accepting her gratitude. 

“In fact, Miss Li isn’t bad.” Jiang Fang smiled. “Didn’t you also judge that the fat man might be a ghost?”

Nan Zhou looked curiously at Li Yinhang. Li Yinhang pinched her ear in a slightly embarrassed manner. “I have been following the news about the disappearances these days. At least for now, there have been no records of a child under 18 years old disappearing.”

After hearing Li Yinhang’s words, the others showed expressions of realization. According to the fat man’s age, even if he married at the legal age of 22, it was unlikely he would have a child over 18 years old. So he should… have no daughter at all.