Ch12 - Rust City

The three of them chose a coffee shop to rest in. The owner was a beautiful little hen wearing a floral apron and enthusiastically asked what they wanted to eat.

Li Yinhang was numb. If the NPC was a humanoid creature then she might be surprised by the courtesy. She took out her points and naturally asked, “What would you like to eat?”

Li Yinhang was good at calculations and planning but she wouldn’t forget to pay. She clearly knew she was an ordinary person. Apart from winning the 3km championship at a school sports event in which the physical education department didn’t participate, she didn’t have much capital to use in this game.

She couldn’t rely on her low points. After hugging the thighs of a bigshot, she would just put up both hands and wait for someone to take her with them. She had to do her best to survive in order to not go straight to the bank of heaven for re-employment. Fortunately, compared with the essential oxygen, the cost of food was much lower.

Jiang Fang and Nan Zhou also had a sense of measure. Nan Zhou ordered a cream cake worth 15 points and Jiang Fang ordered black coffee worth 15 points, both of which were the cheapest items on the menu. She pondered over the menu before finally asking Miss Hen for a glass of white water on the grounds of buy two, get one free.

Nan Zhou continued to study his game panel while waiting for the snack to come. The Easter egg had called out the function of the world channel and also displayed the new rankings page.

“This is the single player rankings.” Jiang Fang reminded him. “There is the team rankings next to it.”

Nan Zhou hummed and opened the tab labeled ‘team.’ The number one player on the single player list was Eternal Life – Zhang Yi.

The number one team on the team list was called ‘.’ It was just a full stop. There was no name suffix and it was just a symbol.

There were simple notes next to the rankings. In short, the single player rankings counted an individual’s points while the team rankings counted the team’s points. The rankings for both were calculated separately so there could be two firsts.

Nan Zhou made a simple calculation. In this way, the following situations might eventually appear regarding the game’s rankings:

A team won and one of the team members had the highest number of points in the single player ranking.

A team won while a player who didn’t form a team won at the same time.

A player won the single player rankings but this person belonged to another team that wasn’t the team with the highest points.

There were three simple endings but due to people’s changeable hearts, there were bound to be countless changes and undercurrents.

Nan Zhou swiped a few times, saw the scores of the players on the two rankings and came to a conclusion. “The scores at the top aren’t much different.”

Jiang Fang added, “On the single player rankings, a large gap starts from 28th to 27th place. Meanwhile, it occurs at 8th place on the team list. The main reason should be the difference in the number of instances passed.”

Li Yinhang held the water and listened to their analysis eagerly. “Then… are we too far behind?”

Nan Zhou simply answered, “Not much.”

Jiang Fang supplemented the information for Nan Zhou. “Since the game depends on the rankings to determine the outcome, it will definitely have a balance mechanism.”

Li Yinhang wondered, “For example…”

Jiang Fang had a good temper. “For example, if the game keeps bringing in new people then what will happen when the game is ultimately decided?”