Ch18 - Xiao Ming's Daily Life

Yu Tuisi ate a bit of bread to cushion his stomach and Chen Sufeng carried him to the child’s bed on time. He had to do the task of taking a nap.

Chen Sufeng returned to the table and found everyone scattered in a circle around the table. They were afraid that if they glanced at the table, they wouldn’t be able to control their physiological reactions. 

“This bowl of slop…” Chen Sufeng almost expressed what was in his heart. He stopped in time and hurriedly coughed to cover it up. “What should we do about eating?”

Jiang Fang gently volunteered. “I’ll make something.”

He went to the kitchen and chose a few ingredients that were prone to going bad. “Stuffed eggplant, mapo tofu, shredded potatoes, shrimp seaweed soup and a side of rice?”

Seeing that everyone had no objections, Jiang Fang nodded to Nan Zhou and motioned for him to help in the kitchen. He also glanced at the table that looked like a collection of dishes from the periodic table and told Nan Zhou, “Bring in the pot and empty it.” 

The kitchen door closed, smoothly isolating the stagnant atmosphere. In the midst of the silence, the sound of washing gave off an indescribable warmth. Today, Nan Zhou had done everything he could for the meal so he was a bit frustrated with the results. Nan Zhou said, “In fact, I always cook for my family.”

Jiang Fang, “……”

He pondered on his words for a moment. “Family affection is great.”

Nan Zhou added, “They will eat whatever I cook.”

Jiang Fang stopped washing the pot and glanced at him. “Are you homesick?”

Nan Zhou shook his head. There was no special nostalgia in his eyes.

Jiang Fang suddenly opened his mouth. “The chicken wing, let me taste a bit.”

Nan Zhou was taken aback. He wanted to hand this person a pair of chopsticks but found that Jiang Fang’s hands were soaked in water. The fingers in the sink were dripping water. Thus, Nan Zhou naturally picked up a green chicken wing and delivered it to the other person’s mouth. 

Jiang Fang calmly accepted the feeding. Very good, it was cooked.

“Next time, don’t add too much sugar. It isn’t easy to clean the pot.” Jiang Fang paused before imitating Li Yinhang, calling out to Nan Zhou with a smile. “…Brother Nan.”

Nan Zhou frowned slightly and corrected him. “You are older than me. You can’t call me brother.”

Jiang Fang looked a bit surprised. “Miss Li calls you this way.” 

Nan Zhou was extraordinarily stubborn when it came to some details. “No, you are older than me.”

Jiang Fang wiped the new plate he took from the dish rack, his eyes full of a subtle light. “Then why don’t you call me that?”

“Hmm.” Nan Zhou responded obediently before calling out coldly, “Brother Fang.”

Jiang Fang hummed in reply, the corners of his mouth raised a bit. “Brother Fang will make a cake for you.”