Ch15 - Xiao Ming's Daily Life

Shen Jie was satisfied with this result. Cube Boat was a rookie team. Newcomers had weaknesses. They were likely to panic and have weak observation skills but there was no need to worry about them daring to hide information. No matter what they found, they were bound to say it. Moreover, sleeping was the task with the longest time span and it was troublesome to think about. Now someone had come out to take care of this trouble so it was certainly the best.

Jiang Fang collected the cards one by one. He watched everyone spreading out to search for clues and check the situation. Nan Zhou looked at his hand and asked, “How did you do that?” 

Jiang Fang gave a low chuckle. “It is a secret.”

After the draw, there were only 30 minutes left until midnight. There wasn’t much time for them to explore. However, there wasn’t much room in this apartment to explore. There was a large pot of split-leaf philodendron on the balcony. The living room was connected to the dining room. There was a beautiful floral tablecloth on the table, and a vase with water and a handful of roses.

Nan Zhou held onto the edge of the window in the living room where the screen was half-opened and looked down. Nothing could be seen on the ground and only the moon could be seen when looking up.

Between the sky and the earth, only the moon and this apartment were shining with a bright light. There were no neighbors and no upstairs or downstairs. This apartment was like an isolated island of 100 square meters floating in the moonlight. 

The decorations in the master bedroom were fairly warm. There was a big bed, bedside tables, a floor lamp, a wardrobe, a projector mounted at the head of the bed and a separate toilet.

The second bedroom had been converted into a study room and game room. There was a nicely configured all-in-one computer, a small sofa, a single person spring bed and a shelf full of books. It seemed easy to spend the whole day here. The second bedroom was for playing games. As for the children’s room, it was likely to be the main venue for this game.

The children’s room was more than 20 square meters and there was a single bed with a blue car as a base. The mattress was quite soft and comfortable. Once the lights in the children’s room were turned off, a starry night light would start to operate, casting a deep and shallow river of stars on the wall.

Xiao Ming’s schoolbag and a few books were placed on a small elevated desk for children. The task hadn’t started so Xiao Ming’s schoolbag couldn’t be opened. The homework piled up in a corner of the desk seemed to be glued together and it was inseparable from the desk.

After briefly checking the children’s room and another bathroom next to the children’s room, Jiang Fang went to the kitchen. The refrigerator could be opened. There was enough rice, noodles, grains and oils in the kitchen cabinets for seven days. He counted the knives and turned to find Nan Zhou standing at the kitchen door, staring at him with unblinking eyes.

Jiang Fang told him, “I’m looking at your task location.”

Nan Zhou still had a question in mind. “…How did you do it?”

Jiang Fang smiled calmly and passed by him with one word. “Guess.” 

Everything at home was normal and clean. It was as if the family was just traveling. After a simple search, everyone met again in the living room. At this point, everyone had the same question. The game task mentioned Xiao Ming but where were Xiao Ming’s parents? However, the game was about to begin and there wasn’t much time for them to focus on it.

This evening, Jiang Fang had to follow the instructions and sleep in the children’s room. Nan Zhou and Li Yinhang chose the second bedroom while Shunfeng chose the living room.