Chapter 4 Friends Again?

Thanks for 130+ votes and 490+ reads♥️♥️
______________________________________

Arjun's POV

Marry someone? How can I do that without knowing any girl? And I have this reputation of being so cold...so why would any girl marry me?

And I want someone who wants me not my wealth or money.

Who in this world fit these things?

I saw Meera...watching me intently. She averted my gaze instantly as I saw her.

I sat beside her keeping some distance between us.

"So...what you did in these years?" I asked her to break this silence between us.

"Nothing much...just completed my degree in hacking and came back here. I just wanted to have a job so that I could pay Grandpa back."

She was still fidgeting her fingers. Why is she nervous now?

"You don't have to pay back anything...you're like a grandchild like me and Neev to him. I guess more than we both are."

She started to look down but I caught her fingers.

Our touch sent an electrifying jolt in my body...did she felt the same?

Meera's POV

What just happened...did he touched me? My heart just raced a million mile.

It wasn't the first time but this time I felt different...it wasn't friendship, it was more wanting.

I can't control it anymore...so walked towards the kitchen.

"So what did you do in these last years?"

I tried to change the topic.

"I started working in the Group and then slowly saved some money and got out of that hell whole...you know what I mean."

I nodded...if I won't know who else would know?

He started to come towards me and I backed a little.

"Are you hungry? I'll make something for us."

He started to collect some ingredients and did his chorus.

"Where did you learnt cooking Arjun? I know you are fond of eating not cooking"

I like to say his name but more teasing him.

"Mostly YouTube and some help by my mother's old recipe books."

I remember his mother...Venu aunty, she was just the perfect mother I wanted...but sadly that accident got her.

"Do you need some help?"

He saw me with a smile but nodded a no.

I heard a car parking in the porch. We both started to walk towards the door and accidently both of us caught the door knob together...again touching.

He took his hand back and started to walk back to kitchen.

"Well I am already middle of a huge job so you do the honors and welcome our guest."

He said coldly and again started doing his cooking.

He is still full of himself!

Arjun's POV

She thinks I can't cook! Well I'll show her what Arjun Singhal is capable of.

And who here at this time?