Chapter 1: Training with the Dragon of the West

(One week after his adoptive father’s death, Izuku Hasashi went to the Fire Nation, where he met two figures)

????: Who are you?

Izuku: My name is Izuku Hasahsi.

????: Hasashi?

Izuku: You have a problem?

????: Not exactly.

????: Tell me, Izuku. What brings you here?

Izuku: Well… I need to be trained.

????: Trained?

Izuku: Yeah. I need to be strong enough to protect everyone I hold dear.

????: What a coincidence. I was training my nephew Zuko in order to make him strong enough.

Izuku: Will you train me?

????: Yes, I will.

Zuko: You seem troubled inside…

Izuku: Huh?

Zuko: You hold the very pain I felt when I was a child. Negligence, Bullying, Abuse…

Izuku: So this scar in your right eye…

Zuko: Yes. When I look at it, I remember those painful memories everyday…

Izuku: Oh my god.

Zuko: But we’re not here to talk about traumatic experiences, right? Come on. Our training starts now! Right, uncle Iroh?

Iroh: Let’s go, kids. We got a long way ahead!

(Then Izuku and Zuko started their training. They learn how to emit fireballs from their hands and throw fireballs. Izuku proved to be a fast learner and even taught Zuko to master the techniques)

Zuko: I must admit, you’re a fast learner. You can bend fire to the levels even my evil sister can’t reach.

Izuku: Do you have an abusive sister too?

Zuko: Azula was my father’s favorite daughter.

Izuku: My former sister is my family’s favorite too,,, And I got treated like garbage just because I had no power.

Zuko: So we’re much more alike than we look.

Iroh: Hey, Izuku!

Izuku: Yes, uncle Iroh?

Iroh: The final test.

Izuku: Coming.

Iroh: You too, Zuko.

Zuko: Sure.

(Then in the wasteland)

Iroh: Now for the final test. You will learn how to bend the sub-element of fire, Lightning.

Izuku: Lightning?

Iroh: This is a powerful sub-element. And as you both worked so hard and made it this far, you’re worthy of learning how to bend this sub-element. Let me show you how you do it.

(Iroh shows how to bend lightning)

Izuku: WOW!

Iroh: Amazing, isn’t it? Try it!

Izuku: Okay.

(Izuku tries to bend lightning, but no avail)

Izuku: Damn it.

Zuko: I had the same difficulties too.

Izuku: I’ll try again.

(Izuku tries again and again, but still no avail)

Izuku: It’s no use…

Zuko: Don’t give up, Izuku.

Iroh: You can do it. For your friends, your family.

(Izuku then remembers his times with Hanzo, Satoshi and Takeda)

Izuku: Okay, my last attempt.

(Izuku then calms down and raises his hand. This time sparks are emitted from his hands, implying that it finally worked. Then he formed a yin yang symbol with lightning and emits a lightning wave towards a wall)

Izuku: I did it… I did it! I DID IT!

Iroh: Congratulations, Izuku. You passed your final test.

Zuko: Way to go, Izuku.

(Meanwhile in Netherrealm)

Hanzo: Izuku… Satoshi…

????: (comes in) Welcome to Nethrerrealm, Hanzo Hasashi, or should I call you… Scorpion?

(To be continued)