Chapter 27: Chinese Ninja Warrior

(The scene opens at Raiden's temple. Sub-Zero is taking the ninja's way in; climbing all the way up the mountain. He reaches the top and cautiously steps across the courtyard. Cetrion soon appears in front of him in a flash of light.)

Cetrion: Seeking Raiden's assistance, Sub-Zero?

Sub-Zero: Who are you?

Cetrion: My name is Cetrion. Don't get the wrong idea, Bi-Han. But you're making a mistake trying to help Izuku.

Sub-Zero: Why say that?

Cetrion: The merging of two worlds are one of the consequences of his acts. He put the balance of the nine kingdoms in risk.

Sub-Zero: And you think setting an example would make people see him as a threat?

Cetrion: No. But if either his death or yours is necessary for Kronika's will, so be it!

(They fight. Although taken aback, Sub-Zero holds his own with his freezing powers and knocks the Goddess of Light down. Raiden comes in.)

Raiden: That's enough, Bi-Han.

(Sub-Zero bows before Raiden)

Sub-Zero: My apologies, Lord Raiden. But I need your help to locate the League of Villains.

Raiden: What's your interest in locating them?

Sub-Zero: The same interest we have in common, to save the Earthrealm.

(Raiden considers this and looks out to the view past his tower, toward a rock formation out of place with the dark mountains surrounding it.)

Raiden: That rock formation in the distance...it was not here before the invaders came. But through it I have gained insight.

(Raiden takes a hold of Sub-Zero and teleports them both to the rock formation. It is in fact the Rock of Eternity. Raiden places his hand on the Rock, which glows the same blue hue of his lightning bolts.)

Raiden: Earthrealm is merging with another world. Powers are shifting, rebalancing. I have felt the effects in Shinnok's defeat and they have grown ever stronger.

Sub-Zero: Ozai foresaw the intrusion from the other world, and that their champion would pose a dire threat.

Raiden: And you're here to eliminate this champion.

Sub-Zero: Yes. Much like this rock formation, the warrior's fortress appeared near the Lin-Kuei temple. I wore him down and sealed him in ice.

Raiden: You did not wear him down. His power was siphoned away, redistributed to others.

Sub-Zero: I must find the League of Villains to demand he reveal all that he knows.

Raiden: Find Overhaul or Tomura, and you'll find them.