6

"I'm not ready, eyes heavy now"

* * *

Lilith Angelo

I never thought this would be happening, however, I'm finding myself pick-pocketing the backdoor of a large museum while a black car that both Zayn and harry waits for me two streets down. I'm dressed in completely black attire with a ski mask hiding my hair, It's around five in the morning.

Zayn insisting that we should do this in the early morning before the large tourist attraction can be opened to people.

I'm hidden in an ally way so any person on their way to work won't notice me, however, the spike of anxiety that is weighing heavily down in my lower stomach sucker-punching me in the gut is telling me that there is no way this is going to work.

Sure I've done detective work before but this is completely different, in any other instance I've been working with the law, not against it. I may be good at fighting bad guys but I've never had to be one.

I need to stay focused, I know what I have to do I just need to get inside.

My hands are swiftly working away at the lock, waiting to feel the small click. I'm doing this all with a bobby pin considering nobody seems to have a lock pick. You would think when working with criminals, against my will I must add, someone would have some sort of better device than a bobby pin.

Finally, I feel the click I've been trying for, and with that, I'm swiftly opening the door and slowly closing it to avoid anyone hearing me.

Zayn did warn me of the fact there could be early morning guards who do sweeps on the place before it's open. He's been training me the basics like, how to avoid cameras, how to not set off the alarms, and most importantly how not to get caught.

I would never openly admit this but Zayn is not that horrible of a guy.

Minus the holding me hostage bit, He's way better than the others from what I know.

Looking forward, I'm met with a long hallway, it's rather dark considering the walls are a greyish color and there is no light except for the light illuminating the end of the hallway.

I've looked over the blueprints of this building so if I'm correct the opening of the museum should be at the end of the hallway and from there ill only have to make my way down to the right where the sculpture should be.

I slowly creep towards the opening, listening for anything that could mean someone is here with me.

Harry informed me that the Cameras have already been shut down so all I have to worry about is the security systems that guard the different pieces of work.

Finally reaching the doorway I pear out and look both ways, ill I can see are high marble ceilings, nobody appears to be around. The room is rather large so I know any sound I make in hear with echo, which is the last thing I could ever want.

Clearing the right of the opening I slip from the hallway and quicken my pace to the direction of the sculpture.

I can already see it, it is not super large but the architecture is completely unmistakable, the woman in the work looks to be very discomforted, makes the two of us.

As I bring myself closer to the large platform where the art sits I can now tell that it's completely enclosed in glass. I also can't miss the red lasers that are placed around the exhibit, they follow a sort of checkered pattern, great.

I knew that this could be a possibility considering the amount of stolen art recently and the value of this sculpture is a very hefty amount however I have no idea how I'm gonna make it through this.