18

"When I wake up I'm afraid. Somebody else might take my place"

* * *

-AFRAID- THE NEIGHBORHOOD-

HARRY STYLES

What have I just done. Rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand. What the actual fuck have you just done? Did that actually just happen. My fingers come up to my face, widening my eyes to make sure this is reality. I turn around to look at the newly-made messy bed that we had just came out of. Shit, it really was real.

Of course it was fucking real.

I would've never thought I would let my hormones get the best of me. Stuff like this has never happened before, I've always been one to control myself and this was a first glance of not being able to. But what can I say, she brings out the worst in me. You would've thought that she would've already been out of my system from the first time. But no, god no. She was definitely not out of my system and getting a taste really made me think of how much I wanted the real deal.

I'm just glad Zayn didn't wake up because that would've been a shit show, and a lecture about how 'he knew I was still caught up on her' which is not true by the way, but you physically can't argue with zayn.

The real jaw-dropper of the night was Lilith. I had many things wrong about her.

Not only did she surprise me I think she surprised herself too. God, she is good. So good but so bad. Who would've known the whole 'Good girl detective who has never done a bad thing in her life' was just a cover-up for how fucking nasty she was.

When she and zayn left the room with a smirk on her face, I knew she didn't feel guilty. Not one bit, but that didn't stop me from being truly disgusted at myself.

I knew I had to leave this room at some point, but I felt guilty. And not because of Charlie, the girl I've been fucking for the past couple of months, who was now waiting outside for me. I could give two shits about her. It was the fact that I knew I'd have to explain to my friends If they'd found out.

I wasn't even remotely worried about what happened on the boat, or what happened at the museum. Worse things could have happened. I just knew we needed to stay low for a while because we can't risk being caught again. The only thing running through my head is how did they know where to find us? We were all the way in Detroit far away from New York. How did the police get a tip of where we are at. It just makes zero sense. We've always kept our tracks clean.

The only person who knows how to keep in contact with the police is Lilith. Which doesn't make sense on how she could communicate with them. I think hard, now looking back, things have only gotten more complicated since she's been around.

She's trouble bound to happen. Which will make it easier for her to get caught at the end.

An almost too perfect setup.

Shaking my head, I stand up and pull a cigarette out of my pocket. Making my way outside to see what everyone's doing. Walking out to the living room of this shitty cabin I take notice that no one is inside, I hear the loud laughter ringing in my ears, noticeably coming from Apollo, I spin my head and take a look at the direction where it came from.