The Imperial Edict

Jisoo's POV

"Are you threatening me? I swear if anything happens to Jennie, I won't keep quiet." I shout at my so-called father and the head lady.

[The head lady is referring to the first woman married to Jisoo's father]

"HOW DARE YOU SHOUT AT MY LORD." the second wife of my father said.

"Jisoo, calm down. It's not how you talk to your father." my mother whispered.

I look towards my mother, my eyes filled with rage "they are threatening me with Jennie and you are telling me to calm down. Are you for real my mother?"

I look towards the head lady. She was wise and knew what was wrong and what wasn't. She sure will give me Jennie back.

I walk towards her and kneel in front of her.

"Head mother. You know what is happening with me isn't right. I am not even the third daughter, why are you forcing me to marry someone I don't even know. Please....return me, Jennie back." I beg.

A few hours ago

Phoenix's POV

The whole mansion of Minister Kim was in knees before the eunuch of the emperor who was reading aloud the Imperial edict bestow by the emperor itself.

"Since the first and second daughter of minister Kim is already married, the third daughter of minister Kim is commanded to be married to the mighty Assistant Commander of the Imperial Guards named Kim Taehyung. Minister Kim is commanded to receive the imperial edict." the eunuch said.

Minister Kim slowly forward his hands towards the eunuch, his gaze at the floor as he received the Imperial edict with respect.

"Then, we will get going. Farewell." the eunuch of the emperor said as he and the companions that came along with him retreated.

Everyone sigh a breath of relief.

Minister Kim stood up and turn towards the people of the mansion. "You may all stand up and everyone get back to your work. My wives and daughters are ordered to meet me at the decision-making room." he announced.

The maids and workers hurriedly went back to their respectives as they whisper among themselves about the imperial edict and also about the assistant commander of the Imperial Gaurds.

In the decision-making room everyone was quiet.

"We want to or we don't want to, we don't have the right to choice as it is bestowed by the Emperor itself." the head of the family, Minister Kim, broke the long eerie silence.

"So is our Yuan marrying the assistant Imperial Commander?" the head lady ask.

"Father, you can't do this to me. Everyone says that the assistant Imperial Commander is cold-blooded and he kills anyone without even thinking. You can't do this with me." Yuan, the third daughter or the suppossed bride of the assistant Imperial Commander cried.

Jisoo just scoff, secretly.

"She deserves worse. She is such a poisonous woman. Always using father's love for her for bad things." Jisoo thought.

"Yes, My lord. You can't do this with Yuan. She is just a small kid and besides I think Kim Jisoo should really be the one marrying that assistant Imperial Commander." the second lady of Minister Kim who was also the mother of Yuan, pleaded.

Jisoo who was silent the whole time now stood up and burst out in anger hearing the statement made by the second lady.

"Yah! Whom are you telling to marry. I am the fourth daughter so if you make me marry the assistant Imperial Commander, aren't you directly going against the emperor."