The Military Map

Phoenix's POV

Taehyung walk towards a room, Jisoo trailing behind me.

They enter a room.

There was a person who was lying on the ground with a black cloth covering his face, his hands and legs tied with a rope.

He was wiggling as he tried to loosen the rope.

Yeonjun was standing beside the man.

"Sir." Yeonjun bowed to Taehyung and then to Jisoo saying "Madame Kim."

But it didn't seemed like Jisoo heard it as she was too busy eyeing the man lying on the ground.

"YAH KIM TAEHYUNG! LET ME GO!" The man, that was on the ground said.

Jisoo flinched at the sudden yell by the man.

Taehyung's POV

"YAH KIM TAEHYUNG! LET ME GO!" Yang Hyun yell.

Jisoo flinch at the outburst of Yang Hyun.

Seeing her scared, I instinctively took a hold of her hand and drag her behind me.

I felt Jisoo's stares but I just focus on Yang Hyun.

"Where is the military map and why did you steal it?" I started questioning.

I felt Jisoo grip my dress.

I sigh.

I look towards Yeonjun and commanded "take him to the Imperial prison. We will do our interrogation there."

"Yes Sir." Yeonjun replied.

"What if he runs away?" Jisoo said, her voice sounded timid and it came out as a whisper.

Jisoo's POV

I was s bit terrified  with Yang Hyun's yell earlier and the way Taehyung was questioning him was so scary.

Its just that it somewhat reminded me of my father yelling to me.

It was a kind of traumatizing incident.

"What if he runs away?" I timidly said.

Taehyung turn towards me.

I just realized I was gripping his dress with so much force.

I release my grip.

"The other Imperial gaurds have arrived. I already sended them message before coming here. He won't be able to run away. Don't worry. Hm." Taehyung said.

His voice sounded so soft.

Phoenix's POV

Standing there, Yeonjun's eye balls almost pop out of his socket.

He had never seen his master so soft for anyone.

Never in his all existence, he thought he could see his master like this for anyone.

He wanted to stay there and admire the present scenario but he had to transferred Yang hyun to the imperial prison so he and the other Imperial gaurds, who had just arrived, took Yang hyun had walk out of the room, leaving behind Taehyung and Jisoo alone.

"Who was he?" Jisoo ask Taehyung.

"He was Yang Hyun, Minister Yang's son. He stole the Military map. This guest house was one of his other possession. But this guest house was almost always empty." Taehyung answered.

"Ah...so that means, he thought that people wouldn't suspect he would be hiding here because it was really isolated and so wasn't well-known." Jisoo said.

Taehyung nodded.

"You are quite smart. Did you ever work in the crime department?" Taehyung said.

They were now, exiting the room.

"Am I? No, I didn't ever worked in the crime department." Jisoo's eyes twinkle at the sudden compliment.

"By the way, now go straight to home okay. I am going to Imperial Prison. Don't wander around. Understood?" Taehyung nag Jisoo like she was a small child.

"You don't have to nag so much. I am not some 5 year old kid, you know." Jisoo pout.

Taehyung sigh.

"Sometimes I really think you are 5 year old kid." Taehyung thought.

By now, they were already standing near the carriage that Jisoo came from.

Taehyung help Jisoo get on the palanquin and once she was already comfortably settled, Taehyung turn towards the carriage rider.

"Take care of her on your way back and ride her straight towards home. Understood." Taehyung said to the rider with so much coldness.

His voice sounded so cold unlike a few minutes ago when it was soft with Jisoo.

The rider felt shivers run down his spine at Taehyung's cold voice.

"Yes master." The rider bowed to the Assistant Imperial Commander.

Jisoo open the curtain that acted as a window in the carriage.

"Taehyung ah, can't I roam around the market for a few minutes. I really want to visit around." Jisoo pleaded, joining her palms like she did a few hours ago.

"You can't. Go straight home." Taehyung strictly said.

"Ayya! Please." Jisoo pleaded acting a little cute.

Taehyung sigh yet again.

"I do sigh a lot when I am with this girl." Taehyung internally thought.

"Lets do that some other day okay. I will accompany you." Taehyung coax.

"Really?" Jisoo question.

"Really." Taehyung assured.

"Okay. Then I will get going. Take care on your way there. Return home soon." Jisoo said.

Taehyung nodded.

The rider lastly rode away.

Taehyung waited till the carriage completely disappeared from his sight and once it did, he sat on his horse and he galloped towards the Imperial Prison that was in the opposite direction from his manor.

-phoenix