The Decorative Banner

Phoenix's POV

Ah-In and Gaeum were sitting together and talking about random topics.

[Incase you forgot who Ah-In is, she is the daughter of the third consort of the emperor. She is friends with Gaeum.]

It has been hours.

Gaeum look at Ah-In nervously. She is about to execute her plan.

"Ah-In, where is your mother?" Gaeum ask.

"My mother. Oh! She is in her palace. Why?" Ah-In replied with a cute smile.

Ah-In's beauty was well-known. In aspects of her beauty, she took after her mother.

The third consort was really beautiful. One of the reason, why she wasn't in good terms with the empress. The first consort of the emperor.

Every women would feel hurt if her husband
gives her less attention while looking at another woman.

The empress felt hurt too. But never shows it as it was no surprise to her that her husband would one day marry another woman too.

She always shrugg it off. That was until the third consort entered the Imperial palace.

The emperor gave the third consort the attention he always gave the empress and ofcourse it bothered her.

And there! It was the reason, the third consort and the empress weren't in good terms.

Though, they didn't fought with each other in words or with hands, it was obvious from their actions.

They compete about almost everything.

Jeong Gaeum knew about this rivalry and she decided to take advantage of it.

"I have something great to tell her. Lets go to her." Gaeum said.

"You do? That what are we waiting for. Lets go." Ah-In excitedly said.

Gaeum smile at her and stood up. Ah-In did the same.

"We are going to mother. You all don't need to follow me." Ah-In ordered the maids and gaurds.

"We understood." They all bowed to the princess.

Ah-In and Gaeum made their way towards the third consort.

It wasn't far. Soon they were standing infront of the grand door of the palace where the third consort resided.

The gaurds opened the door for them and the two friends went inside.

"Mother."

"Third consort."

The two bowed at the same time.

"Rise." The third consort said with her gentle voice as she smile sweetly at her daughter.

It was known to everyone, that the third consort was really fond of her daughter.

Who wouldn't be? Ah-In is kind, beautiful, elegant and good in studies.

She has every quality of a perfect princess.

"Mother, Gaeum said she has something great to tell you." Ah-In excitedly said.

The third consort chuckle, "what is it Gaeum that you want to tell me?"

"Your highness, have you heard of Kim Jisoo, assist. Imperial Commander's wife?" Gaeum ask.

"Oh yes I did! She has been the talk of the town recently, isn't it. I heard she is really beautiful." She replied.

"Yes. I heard she does really great embroidery. Why don't you ask her to embroidered a decorative banner for you?" Gaeum says.