Chapter 5: Benignus

EDWARD POV

I saw the hand belonged to Bella. I stared at her. For one, she was 20 feet away from me. How did she reach her and stop the arrow even faster than a vampire? And secondly why was she so horrified as she examined the arrow. The arrow wouldn't have hurt me at all. Before I could get answers she growled, "Go back. I'll take care of this." She was about to run when I caught her wrist. "Bella whoever this is, you can't fight them alone. Let me help.", I pleaded.

Before she could answer, another arrow was shot. She caught it yet again. She was furious. She snapped her fingers and all of us found ourselves on the other side of the clearing. When we tried to run towards her, we collided with an invisible barrier. The barrier was all around us. What was Bella trying to do...that too all alone!

"That's enough, Benignus! You are going to stop this right now! And if it makes it any better, that's an order!", Bella yelled furious. Did she know this person?

Suddenly a young man dropped from a tree near by. He was tall and muscular but he looked younger than Bella. He had a bow and arrow in his hand. He said gruffly, "What do mean sis? Those leeches are dangerous! How can you do this! Don't you remember what happened the last time you came across bloodsuckers?" Bella flinched. What the hell was going on? Bella has known vampires before us? And this dude, he called her 'sis'! As far as I know Bella does not have any brother, but then again, up until today I did not actually know about her at all it seems.

"Ben, these guys are different. They are not like other vampires. They-", Ben interrupted her saying, "They must have manipulated you using their powers! I'm sure you were careless with your shield.", then he looked at us and said viciously, "What have you done to my sister? Stop whatever trick you are doing here, stop it or else I will kill you!", he spat. "Stop it right now Benignus!", Bella yelled.

"Well then, since you have given me no option, I'll have to knock you out and then take you back. I'm sure mom will be able to get you out of this trickery or whatever they have done.", he contemplated and started throwing balls of bright light which he conjured in his palms, towards Bella. Bella move out of the way each time. The way she maneuvered out of the attacks was something I had not seen even Jasper do. I was scared for her, what if she got hurt. I assumed her brother won't hurt her but still I was worried.

I noticed her reach towards the back of her shirt and pull out a sword. How the hell did she keep the sword hidden! It was a long, narrow sword. Ben started shooting arrows, careful not to hurt her, only to make her drop the sword. She cut into every single arrow with her sword but ultimately one of the arrows hit too close to her hand and the sword dropped from her hand. She ran towards Ben while reaching into her shoes and...pulling out twin daggers! They started fighting, arrows to dagger at inhuman speed. It was almost faster than us. At last, I saw her snatch the bow away from him, pinning his hands with one hand and putting one of the daggers to his throat with the other. We watched her wide-eyed.

"Calm down and let us talk somewhere else.", she said to him. Unable to refuse when she had a knife to his throat, he agreed. Bella looked at me, pulled down her shields and thought, I'll be back in a few. Wait for me and don't worry I'm alright. I nodded, still worried. And then they disappeared. Like literally vanished into thin air! I was dumb-founded. From the thoughts of those around me, it seemed they were too.

Jasper was thinking, I have never seen someone so focused while fighting. she was so confident! I marvelled at this too! Never did she take her eyes off her brother...her brother. She fought her own brother for us! I couldn't help but feel guilty. Jasper looked at me curiously. I just shook my head and he sighed but let it go. We now found out that the invisible barriers were no longer there! We waited there for a few minutes before Carlisle suggested we go back to the house. Bella would come there. I agreed reluctantly after a lot of persuation.

(End of chapter 5)