Chapter 17: The truth comes out at last pt 2

JACOB

Our plan was in motion. Its around 11 right now. Billy has gone to Charlie's house with Jared and Paul are following behind through the woods. Sam and I are headed to the Cullen's house. We wanted to reach there last minute so that the leech won't have time to read our minds. Also we tried to keep our minds as silent as possible. We will find out what's going on. We reached there to find that the Cullens had just set foot out of the house. We were right on time. Suddenly Bella stopped. Her 'boyfriend' and her exchanged looks but I can't quite place what they meant by it. Bella bent down to tie up her shoelaces. I could have sworn she wore flats. But as she bent down, her shoes had changed to ones with laces! Then out of nowhere, she somehow pulled out a dagger! From her shoe?!

And before I could even begin to think of rational explanations, she threw he dagger backwards without even a glance. The dagger sure hit whatever it was supposed to because as we heard a scream of pain, Bella turned and threatened someone to come out and show himself. From where we were standing, I could see a man, well hidden in the bush at which Bella was pointing. But I couldn't sense him. I couldn't hear him or smell him. But I saw him trying to do something with his hands but nothing actually happened. I don't even know what he was trying to do.

"Alright then, we'll do this the hard way.", Bella said in a hard voice. She walked over and literally dragged him out just as he got a dagger out of his pocket and unsheathed it. He was trembling, unable to hold the dagger properly. Bella snatched it away in a heart beat as the trembling man dropped to his knees, surrendering. But what exactly were they doing, terrorizing this poor man? And why did he have a dagger on him? More importantly why did she have a dagger in her shoe?!

Sam and I watched on speechless, torn between finding out more and saving the man. Though we did have doubts about the man since he had a dagger and was ready to attack. Bella shoved the man roughly as she grabbed his collar and asked in a low voice, "What is Jazmine planning?" The man shook his head saying, "I-I d-don't know ma'am. P-please l-leave me. Have m-mercy, princess."

PRINCESS! Princess? What was going on here?! Why did he call her a princess. Bella wasn't a princess. Ugh! This just gets more and more complicated! "I'm asking you one. Last. Time. What are you planning?", she snarled as she shoved him again. He merely shook his head wordlessly.

"Very well than. I have no other use of you.", Bella said calmly and slit his throat! That was the last straw for me. I didn't care if the man was a terrorist. He should have been punished by law if he even did anything wrong. Bella had no right to just kill a man. Possibly a second man since she had thrown another dagger before. I couldn't believe this was Bella. The same shy Bella I had met just a couple of months ago!

I was about to jump in when Sam stopped me. I know we should have tried to save him earlier. We didn't. But he can't be saved now. Its too late. There's no point in blowing our cover so stay put. What he said, did make sense. We couldn't do anything to save him now. He was dead. Blood riled in my veins but I calmed myself and stayed back. Though part of my mind did thank myself that we always followed her in our animal form which is much quieter than our human form and only when we would be walking, will anyone be able to hear our foot steps. Because Bella wouldn't have hesitated to throw a dagger at us had she heard us.

Focus Jacob Sam commanded. I did exactly that. "Coward!", she muttered as she dropped him to the ground with blood leaking down his chest. "Atleast he was honorable enough to not betray his country.", she said angrily. Country? Which country? Was Bella some kind of secret government agent with the code name princess or something? No, that was unlikely because we already concluded that she wasn't human. But looking at Bella now, I had to admit, I was afraid of her. She looked terrifying.