Chapter 6: They hunt animals!

BELLA POV

I winnowed with Ben and travelled east towards Seattle. We appeared in an empty alleyway and made our way to a restaurant. We requested for a private sitting area. Yeah something you see in old movies but never mind that. The waitress took our orders, well my order since Benignus was way too furious to eat. We began talking in hushed voices after the waitress left.

"What the hell were you thinking, alone in the clearing with vampires? huh?", he snapped. I took a deep breath, trying to remain calm. I said, "Benignus, did you see their eyes? They are golden for God's sake! Do you know what that means? They hunt animals! They don't want to be monsters. They don't want to kill humans. They are different. Besides, none of them really had a choice in being changed to vampires. It was that or death for most of them." I paused to look at him.

He seemed calmer than before but I knew he was still sceptical about the Cullens. "Okay but even then are you sure they are safe? You were accessing your magic in front of them! Why? You were fighting them isn't it? Answer me Bella." Oh my God! He really thought I was defending myself from them. "Ben, I was giving them a demonstration of my magic. Just about an hour before you came, I told them about my being a witch! They were curious so I showed them some magic. I wasn't fighting with them.", I explained.

He seemed to backtrack at that. Clearly what he was about to say did not apply anymore. "But why the hell would you tell them?", He asked instead. I replied sternly, "I had permission from Mom." He glared at me. I glared right back. "And you just tried to attack my boyfriend! You shot 2 arrows covered with wolfsbane! What if something had happened to him? And why did you even have arrows covered with wolfsbane with you?", I asked him, exasperated. His eyes were wide. He stood up immediately and yelled, "You have a boyfriend!-", Shit! I messed up. I hadn't told him before and this was NOT the right time to tell him. He continued, "And you didn't tell your brother about him? What the hell Bella!", he yelled. People around us seemed to stare at us. I threw them apologetic glances and whispered to Ben, "People are staring at us. Please calm down." He looked around and sat back down scowling.

"Ben they are good people. And Edward is my life. His family is an extension to my family. I have two more brothers, two sisters and Esme and Carlisle are like my second parents. Please just give them a chance. Get to know them.", I said. He huffed.

"We'll see about that later.", he mumbled. "How much have you told them?", he asked. I replied, "Well I told them about Charlie, Phil and Renee. About my being a royal witch. I haven't told them about you. I was getting to it gradually."

"Alright, and when are you planning to tell them about the Faerie part?", he questioned. "Soon.", I replied.

He was still angry but after a lot of convincing her agreed to meet them once. "I'll send you a message when they are ready. I better give them a heads up first.", I said. He just nodded. And we winnowed back to the clearing. We walked towards the house. Ben stayed a little ways away while I entered the house to talk to them.

This was going to get wierd. I knew the Cullens won't be angry but getting Ben to act civilised with them would be very difficult. He is very stubborn, almost as stubborn as me. Making him see reason when he's already made a decision is like a suicide mission but the Cullens don't deserve his hate at all. They are nothing like Gabriel and his coven! But as always Ben just doesn't want to listen.

But I will make him listen. The Cullens won't be subjected to undeserved hate. I wouldn't allow it. I just need time to make Ben see that the Cullens are not bad people. I was at the front steps of the house now. I took a deep breath and was about to open the door but Edward beat me to it.

(End of Chapter 6)