Chapter 18: Ithaca

I know its been more than a week since I last uploaded but I really have a lot to do right now with my exams and everything coming up soon. This is a long chapter, possibly the longest I've ever written but I hope you guys like it. Plz vote and comment. I'm open to ideas for this story even though I have in mind a basic plot for this anyways sooo.... 

Happy Reading ;)

EDWARD

We all walked to the house where we found Charlie and surprisingly Billy waiting for us. Apparently the wolves had sent Billy here to keep watch on us and having been cornered this way, even Charlie had had no choice but to reveal the secret. The amount of anger bubbling inside me was crazy. I could see how worried Bella was about this. There was obviously something more than just keeping Ithaca safe here. Because as much as I hated the wolves right now, I knew they wouldn't betray our secret. They had their own ones and knew the importance of these secrets. Bella knew that too. So obviously it was something else she was worried about here. I didn't push her though. Not here.

As we walked in, Charlie and Bella locked eyes. I looked away as a silent message was passed between them. No one said a word. Not even Billy. We then heard the howls of the wolves as they came towards our house. A few minutes later we found ourselves in Bella's house with the wolves. Not the very best of situations. Charlie and Bella stayed silent, waiting for someone to say something but no one did. It was quiet for a while before Bella finally decided to break the silence.

She looked towards the La Push group. "You've gotten your answers Sam. I think it'll be best if you leave now since we have somewhere to be.", she said curtly. Sam looked to billy and nodded once. Billy then addressed Bella and said, "Bella, we know there is something you are hiding from us. Knowing what we do now, we have connected the dots. We won't ask you to tell us anything if you don't want to but do know that if you ever need help, the pack will be there." Billy tried to sound reassuring but it looked as if he was simply pacifying himself. The pack except Paul nodded. Paul simply grunted indicating he did not exactly consent to this. "Thank you Billy. I appreciate it.", she said. 

Carlisle then spoke up. "I hope this doesn't change things for the worse between us. The treaty remains valid still." Sam replied in a serious tone, "The treaty still stands since there was no breach on your part. We apologise for breaking the terms and coming onto your land but as of now our relations remain the same. We don't hurt you unless you bite another human." Carlisle nodded. And with that, Billy said his farewells to Charlie and they all filed out.

We watched on as Billy soon left with the pack. No one had spoken yet. The silence was uncomfortable and a little awkward. Jasper, sensing the awkwardness decided to break the silence first. "So what do we do, now that the wolves already know?"

Bella sighed. "There really is nothing we can do now except one thing.", she said and turned towards Charlie. We waited patiently for her to say something. "Renee", they both said together in a serious look. Charlie looked at us and said, "Renee must not get wind of this. Please don't at any cost mention this in front of her." Bella nodded. We were completely confused but nodded, not wanting to stress them out more than they already were. Another minute passed and finally Bella said, "Let's go." With a nod we followed then to Bella's room. We were going to Ithaca from her room?! She closed the door on entering the room. The inside of the door had wood carvings with various patterns on them. I had seen them before. The handiwork was well done. But what I hadn't noticed was that the pattern formed strange encryptions and I only understood them as Bella pointed at them.

Bella traced a pattern on the door with her fingers. As her fingers touched each design, it started glowing dimly. As she finished the pattern, we saw that the encryptions together looked like some ancient symbol of some sort. The door began blurring suddenly and the place where the door was there a second ago, was replaced with a soft white veil. Like a curtain. We looked on in awe and Charlie looked a little tense. Bella snapped her fingers and in her hand appeared a small keychain like structure with the symbol of a Phoenix on it. Attached to the keychain was a cylindrical object which on first sight might pass for a key. But looking closely, we could see the carving on the small structure. Bella pushed her hand through the veil.