Chapter 13: David

BELLA

I woke up the next morning to find Edward's eyes on me and I swear I remembered him in the same exact position last night before I finally closed my eyes and fell asleep. I mentally face-palmed. "So, I see that you haven't moved one inch since last night huh?", I smirked at him.

He had a look of surprise before he said, "Why in the world would I even dare to move when I had the perfect view of my mate to look at all night?", he winked at me. I just rolled my eyes and he chuckled.

We spent the rest of the day at his place talking. We showed them some more magic and they watched on fascinated... Well except maybe Emmett who looked like a five year old child watching colourful lights at a fair. We all had laughed heartily at his childish compassion.

The next few days passed the same way. I wanted to wrestle with Jazz and Em but something or the other would come in the way. Either Edward was too reluctant to let me fight (though he tried to show otherwise, I didn't want him to be upset) or the girls dragged me down to the mall for shopping with them despite my repeated refusals. Alice just wouldn't listen but it really was hard to deny my sister anything when she seemed so excited for something as delusional as shopping. I truly had the most unique family in the world and I loved them all to bits. Even Rosalie made a conscious effort to get to know me and we were getting closer gradually...

I woke this morning to Edward's lips on mine. Edward was not as conscious about rules as of late now that he knew I wasn't really that breakable. He definitely was more flirty now and I found that really endearing. Also I loved the adorable shyness clear on his face when I would flirt back.

I kissed him back and he pulled back a moment later. "So I see you're in a mood today.", I smirked at him. He pouted. I pecked his lips once more. "Oh c'mon now don't tell me I can't kiss the love of my life. And no matter what you say I know you love it.", he replied with a wink. I chuckled.

That is when I noticed it was sunny outside. A smile quickly spread across my face and Edward noticed the way I was looking at the window. He slid one hand under my knees and the other hand on the smell of my back and picked me up gently. He efficiently jumped out the window and onto the back lawn. After setting me down, I kissed him on the cheek before diverting my attention to the sun.

I loved the sun. Especially if I had my wings out. The warm rays of the sun were almost therapeutic. I closed my eyes and twirled around a bit forgetting that Ed was there gazing at me with the most happy look I've ever seen on his face. Still standing there with my eyes closed, basking in the sun I said, "I love the sun. The warmth, the comfort, the natural beauty of it all...hmmm..."

Edward didn't say anything letting me enjoy the warm rays, smiling heartily at me. We went back to the house after some time. We got dressed after breakfast and were about to leave for the Cullen house. "Well, seeing as how the sun is shining, I assume you want to fly Bells?", Ben asked with a smile. I nodded enthusiastically not caring if I looked like a five year old child who got a new toy instead of the 1000 year old faerie-witch. I heard Edward chuckle and threw him a vulgar gesture. His eyes widened but he shook his head still trying not to laugh. I rolled my eyes.

I threw open my wings and gestured for him to hold on. He nodded and we flew off as Ben winnowed back.

EDWARD

Flying right now was no less exhilarating than the first time. The wind whipping at our faces as the sun shined upon us. I smiled at seeing Bella enjoy the sun yet again. Even her wings seemed to be enjoying the weather. Before long we touched down in front of the house and Emmett came bounding down the steps and went straight for Bella.

"Oh, can I please see your wings Belly bear? That first day you just flew off with Eddie man here! And you haven't brought out your wings ever since then.", Emmett pleaded. I growled. He knew I hated that nickname. Bella nodded but said, "However, no touching!"