Chapter 16: Cold Blooded Murder

JACOB

Bella had not come back all day. Jared and Paul had been standing guard throughout the day. We switched at dusk. Right now, Sam and I are hiding out near Bella's house. But Ben and Bella have still not returned. This again is very suspicious. Charlie does not seem worried at all that his daughter and nephew aren't back yet. I don't think they would be staying at any of Bella's friends' unless they are spending the night at the bloodsucker's house. But I don't think Charlie would approve of his daughter staying the night with her boyfriend. Ugh! This was so confusing! Where is she?

That is when we heard a crack sound. We looked in the direction of the sound just in time to see black shadows dissipating from around Bella and Ben. They looked at each other and nodded. Then they walked towards the house and went in. We moved a little closer, not wanting to miss anything. The air had the strange metallic tang to it again. "Dad?", Ben called out. We heard footsteps coming down the stair.

"Ben? Bella? I thought you were both going to spend the night with the Cullens. What happened?", A voice which was obviously Charlie's asked. But why would Ben call Charlie, 'dad'? Bella stepped in then. "Yes, we were but...there is a situation. I didn't get a chance to come and tell you, and it wouldn't have been safe to send a message.", she told him. A moment of pause where Charlie probably nodded or something. "Vacamia's planning something. David came over today. We need to get back to Ithaca. Ben's leaving now, he needs to alert the armies. The Cullens and I leave tomorrow at noon."

Ithaca? I knew my geography enough to say Ithaca isn't actually a place. [A/N I know in reality Ithaca is a place but in this fanfic its no more than a fantasy land which in this case exists without the knowledge of humans.] I have heard fantasy stories with the mention of a place called Ithaca but its not a real place...right? "Vacamia? Jazmine? So soon! This really is alarming. I don't want to keep you waiting. C'mon.", Charlie said.

We heard them walking up the stairs. No one said anything. We heard the sound of doors creaking open and close. And then suddenly it was dead quiet. We couldn't even hear their heartbeat. It was as if they vanished inside the house, leaving no trace behind. We waited a few minutes. Finally we heard the opening of a door followed by the sound of two heartbeats. "I'll be back with the Cullens tomorrow. This could really lead to something big. I'll increase protection here before I leave. Please take care of yourself dad.", we heard Bella say as she hugged Charlie.

"Always am kid. Always am. Be careful. I can't bare to lose either of you.", Charlie said softly. Then we heard Bella walk out the door and she soon came into view. She walked a bit into the forest. She looked around carelessly, seemingly looking a little exhausted, as she surrounded herself with shadows. When the shadows cleared, we saw something we never thought was possible. Bella had two huge wings on her back. She flapped her wings and flew off at a very fast speed. We followed her with our eyes, too shocked to move. We watched on as she disappeared behind the the thick trees of the forest.

So we've come to certain conclusions now. Bella is definitely not human. Charlie knows everything. And now we know where Bella has gone. She's with the leeches. Even though we weren't allowed to go onto their lands but we had to. We are not going to risk the safety of our people. But then it came to me, the mind reading leech would detect us. We couldn't afford a war now though. We don't even know how far he can read minds. This would pose a problem. We needed to regroup. It was past midnight now. We ran back to La Push and howled. Jared and Paul got the message and phased.

An hour passed discussing. We came to no conclusion. The only information we had now was that Bella was something other. She knew about us all and so did Ben and Charlie. And there is some war, that Bella and Ben were talking about. We tried to connect the dots. Bella mentioned that Ben was supposed to ready the troops and alert the army. So what?...is he an army official? And Ben called Charlie 'dad'. Did Renee have another child with Charlie? I don't think that really is possible. There were many unanswered questions.