3. The Meet

Sidharth P.O.V

When I entered the office, the staff were wishing me, I wished them back and entered into my cabin. After settling there, I called my assistant, she came with my morning coffee. "Have you prepared everything for the meeting?" I asked. "Yes sir, everything is well prepared. I sent Mr. Nair to escort the guest to the meeting hall." She said.
"Ok, good, what about the refreshments for the guest?"
"Sir, I asked our special chef to make snacks and juice" ok. Everything is set. "Ok, you may leave now, I will read the file once and after my dad comes we can start the meeting". I said and she left.

I took the file and started reading it. But I couldn't concentrate. My mind is filled with Shreya. I don't know why this is happening to me. I m trying to distract myself. But everywhere, every time, that girl is haunting me slowly. If this continues, then what I will do to this company? It will go into the path of destruction which I don't want even in my dreams. I don't have any idea. Whenever I tried to concentrate on this bloody damn file, Shreyas face, her giggle, her eyes, her lips, are the only thing coming in front of me. And her voice is banging on my ears. Suddenly breaking my thought, I heard my phone ringing. It's my friend Aryaan, who went to Paris for a medical conference.
" Bro... How are you? I m back, just now I landed man" he said with a lazy voice. I could sense he is dead tired. "Aryaan, I need your help bro, I was planning to contact you for a while since you were busy with the conference I didn't disturb you. Tell me when we can meet. Or we can meet tonight at our usual hang-out place." I said and he agreed and disconnected the call.
I unlocked my phone and texted my friend's group that "hey people, tonight at 8 o clock sharp at our usual hang-out place" I gave a text and immediately got their reply "ok". I couldn't concentrate on the file, so I asked my assistant to read it out and explain it to me for the last time and she did.

Within half an hour my father and Mishras came. I went to the meeting hall. Without any further delay, we started the meeting and it ended after a good 3 hours. It was a long one and the project is also a success. And now after a good talk with the designing team, we will start the project. After the meeting, I went to my father's cabin and discussed a little about the project. While we were discussing we heard the chirping sound of my father's lady, who is none other than the great lawyer Reeta, my mom. She came with the food for us. She was talking so sweetly with my assistant Meera. This is not a good sign. " Meera, are you single?" She asked. And I confirmed where she is going to take the matter. I don't want that even if the world split into two.
"No, Mam, I m married and I have a son as well," she said and I felt a bit relieved. My mom's face lost its smile after hearing her reply and Meera went out.

"Mom, what's your problem? why are you asking such questions to her, she is married, has a cute son and she is elder than me. " I said.

"Sid... Shut up, neither I asked her to marry you nor I asked you to marry her. I just asked about her relationship status. Don't blabber like a broken tape record" she spatted. And I felt like hell. She sat in my father's chair and my father came and sit behind me, she served food for both of us. After eating our food, she went to Pooja's house and I and my father went to the meeting hall for talking to designing team...

"Ok, we can confirm once they sent the details" after saying that the meeting dispersed. I went to my room to take my mobile. Then I and my father went to our home and got ready to go to Pooja's house.

After a quick shower, I put on a simple t-shirt, with a black jacket and jeans. I jelled my hair and went out.