fifty-six

Right when we got our food Semaj had called me

Right when we got our food Semaj had called me. I hesitated before I picked up the phone.

"What?" I answered.

"Where you at?" He asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"Sabrea I don't have time for you to have an attitude you need to get somewhere safe, so where you at?" He asked and I looked back at Sabrea.

"My last client canceled so I'm headed home, what you do now?" I asked.

"I ain't mean to drag you into nothing but somehow they think-." He got cut off and the phone was breaking up.

"Shit." I said as I hung up. What the fuck is he talking about. I hope this has nothing to do with that girl they found dead. I haven't talked to Semaj in a while so how am I dragged in his bullshit.

"Come on Sabrea." I said as I pulled up to my house and got her out of her car seat.

I opened the door with her in my arms before closing it back and locking it. I then made sure the rest of the doors in the house were locked.

We went in my room and began to eat but I heard faint foot steps. I quietly locked my room door before picking up Serayah.

"Let's play a game." I said quietly opening my closet.

"Stay right here and don't make a sound." I sat her down and brought over a cover to cover her in the closet and gave her the iPad.

"Where you going mommy?" She asked.

"I'll be back okay? No matter what you hear do not leave this space." I kissed her forehead and closed the closet door.

I grabbed my gun from the drawer in my bathroom before pacing back and forth and calling 911.

"911 what's your emergency?" The operator said.

"I think it's someone in my house, I locked myself in my room along with my daughter." I said quietly.

"What reason do you have to believe someone is in your house?" She asked.

The fuck type of question is that.

"I heard footsteps and somebody has been following me." I said. "My daughter is my closet." She said.

"Ok ma'am I'm tracking your location and sending help stay on the phone." She said and I heard something hit the floor before the room door opened.

I just know Avontae gone get on my ass for not calling him. I should've never even talked to Semaj I don't know what type of shit he got going on.

I'm just hoping and praying Serayah does what I say cause as long as she's good I have nothing else to worry about.

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

Before Sabrea could react, the bathroom door was snatched open and Jay was standing there.

"Jay? How you get in my house, what you doing?" She asked.

She had no knowledge of what Jay's intentions were. Jay was a possessive person but he hid it well by his personality.

Jay and Semaj were brothers and Jay followed right behind his father's steps. Like Semaj said, his siblings were very dependent on his father.

Semaj didn't follow behind his dad like his other siblings because nothing good ever came out of it.

Semaj meant what he said when he disowned his siblings. They could walk right past each other like strangers and act like strangers.

The day Semaj came in the tattoo shop and tried to flirt, Jay was caught off guard. He knew Semaj had another situation going. He knew Semaj was cool with Avontae. Everything was always connected you just couldn't tell.

When he pulled up with Sabrea when Nicole had called he got a good look at the address and gave the Feds a tip specifically the dirty cop that was following Semaj that day. He thought Avontae would get sent away for good along with Semaj.

"You left the door unlocked I was just checking." He said but Sabrea knew something wasn't right with him. She finally realized he went back to the dark place he was in when they first met.

"I really don't want to do this." He mumbled and before Sabrea could grab her gun off the sink he shot her three times and left like it was nothing.

"Ma'am, is everything okay?" The operator said as she heard the gunshots. Sabrea was bleeding out on the bathroom floor. The blood puddle got bigger as help made it's way.

Sabrea coughed and tried to move but she couldn't. She cried as she heard commotion come into the room and it was the ambulance.

The operator was sure to tell them she had a baby hidden her closet. Little did Sabrea know, Serayah managed to whisper quietly enough in voice messages she sent to her father in their message thread.

Sabrea closed her eyes slowly and everything went black.
____________________________________

I'm tryna make all this make sense lmk if you confused